Why become a member? ×

Old Beasts

MuseMatt

I've tried looking for a thread like this but couldn't find it.

I need to know a bit about some old basses I could get, but can't find too much information on.

First there's a MIJ Fender Jazz, built between 84-87. How were the Japanese builds at that time? One tuner has been replaced. Current bid around 500 euro's, I could easily top that.
[url="http://fotos.marktplaats.nl/kopen/1/00/GXZXY+ulDuqJh8L7SVYmuQ==.jpg"]http://fotos.marktplaats.nl/kopen/1/00/GXZ...8L7SVYmuQ==.jpg[/url] (can't get image tag working for some reason)

Also there's this funny bass, A bass collection 'The Jazz'
Lindy Fralin pickups, Aguilar OBP-3 preamp, Swamp Ash body & Ebony neck
Would cost me about 600 euro's which is approx 475 pounds

Could any of these basses be worth buying over a new Fender Jazz (so the 2008 series without S1 switching)?

I play desert rock (think QOTSA, Masters of Reality)

Help appreciated :)

Edited by MuseMatt

[quote name='The Funk' post='270906' date='Aug 27 2008, 12:28 PM']I don't know what this says about me but I read the title as Old Breasts - and then ventured inside for a peek.[/quote]

I just googled granny in image search. Do not do the same if you have "safe search" turned off!...

...unless like me you have certain disgusting fetishes.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='271065' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:12 PM']Grilf - nice one. Do you mind if I borrow that word for my new DVD? Confessions of a Grilfer.[/quote]

If it stars Robin Askwith and the father-in-law of our last Prime Minister, then you can certainly borrow it. In return I'd expect a complimentary copy.

The Funk - No problem, perhaps you'd like to come round and watch it on my projector screen with mavis and gertrude?

[quote name='ste_m3' post='271072' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:18 PM']Twat.[/quote]

Is there any need for that? If I was more of a twat i'd have reported you to the mods for being so abusive. If I was as much a twat as you insinuate i'd insult you back! God knows why you're calling me a twat?

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='273291' date='Aug 30 2008, 06:58 PM']A dutch brand called 'Van der End'.

New price about 2000 euro's, that one's going for approx 1000. I do wantz...
stupid GAS[/quote]

That's not a bad reduction :) Looks quite Sadowsky-ish, if you do go for it, please post sound samples so we can see if it sounds as good as it looks.

Cheers
Alun

• 2 weeks later...