Why become a member? ×

Carvin B1000

Markolinni

Hello,

I have a Genz Benz Streamliner 600, and i like the sound of it, but sometimes it looks like that it don't play loud as it should...
I had before a carvin BX1200, that i sold because of the weight and because couldn't play with all that power.
So, i start gasing (for the negative side) for another amp... and i came to this one: Carvin B1000.

Does anyone tried one before or listened that can compare with the stramliner?

Thanks

Hi!

I have a Carvin B1000, which I've had for a year or so.

If you're worried about this thing not being loud, don't. It has ridiculous headroom. I have even used it at an outdoor gig - there was only a tiny PA which I didn't use, and we are a loud band! - with no problems in the volume department.

It also sounds pretty awesome but I have not tried the Streamliner so I can't offer a comparison. I used to have a GB Shuttlemax 12.2 but I much prefer the Carvin.

Oh and the Carvin goes down to 2 ohms too :) so I run a 4ohm 2x12 and 8ohm 1x15 off it. It's fairly small and extremely light Awesome :)

Put it this way: I haven't had amp GAS since I bought it, which is not like me at all ;) Best amp I've ever owned.

The Carvin sounds very different to a Streamliner.

The latter is very warm (sounds 'muffled' and wooly to me but that's obviously just a personal view).

The Carvin delivers big clean gobs of power and punch and goes very loud indeed - especially if run at lower ohmage levels.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1433449127' post='2791239']
The Carvin sounds very different to a Streamliner.

The latter is very warm (sounds 'muffled' and wooly to me but that's obviously just a personal view).

The Carvin delivers big clean gobs of power and punch and goes very loud indeed - especially if run at lower [s]ohmage[/s] impedance levels.
[/quote]

Sorry Barrie, had to fix that!

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1433449829' post='2791245']
Sorry Barrie, had to fix that!
[/quote]

That'l learn him.