Why become a member? ×

Actually Cool acrylic bass.

JJW

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1433794362' post='2794087']
And as it's transparent, it doesn't look like a well known brand of bass guitar. Neat.
[/quote]

What doesn't? ;)
[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1433716567' post='2793409']
I hate LEDs... :(

I suppose I could pull the batteries.
[/quote]

I expect they're switchable. I'd like them better if they changed colour... :ph34r:

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1433194509' post='2788887']
The makers of this bass posted it on a local FB muso group I use, mostly just to get reactions & feedback. This was my "assessment":

[i]Aesthetically I love it - I'm a sucker for a see-through bass, but from a player's perspective I have a few misgivings about the practicality of the design & the pickup & switching choices. A bass is usually a pretty heavy instrument, and lots of hard edges & protruding fasteners might make this pretty uncomfortable to play over a long gig - the 4 sharp ridges where a forearm chamfer would be on a solid body look particularly eye-watering! Not at all convinced by the Strat-type pickup layout & switching - on the whole a pickup selector is pretty much useless on a bass, the facility to blend pickups (either individual volumes or a pan pot) is far more flexible. I'd be inclined to go for a 2 pickup arrangement with pan pot. And some LEDs. Lots of LEDs.[/i]

Well, it's just a giant Strat really, innit? ;)

Jon.
[/quote]

I agree about the forearm chamfer. It might be possible for them to make the top layer full size and bend it in drop-top fashion to cover the edges of the lower layers.