Why become a member? ×

So we've recorded a video.

Nice video. Love the rooftop setting, especially after the rain
The reflections really add something - nice atmosphere
Good solid rock sound too
A nice contrast to the scene and acoustic music where you're all sat round the camp-fire

PS. What was on the photo the singer chucked in the fire?
Which on of the girls was it?

Nice one :)

Edited by Marc S

Thanks for the comments.

The rain on the roof top was a happy accidents. We'd just finished setting up when an unexpected monsoon happened.

The photograph is of his love interest. Despite 10 to 15 takes we just couldn't get the face to be visible as it burned so we used the one that did the best "movie" burn.

If you've watched the video to the end you should know which of the girls!

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1432897374' post='2785967']
Love it! Have you added a thread also under Recording > Share your Music? That's a dedicated showcase for BCers' own music :)
[/quote]

Thanks Bluejay,

I knew there was a more appropriate place than general discussion but I couldn't find it this morning.

Pleased you like the video.

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1432898534' post='2785997']
Nice work Dave. Recognise the retail outlet setting but where was the rooftop? Somewhere local I assume?
[/quote]

RTC Business park, central Derby.

When we were looking for locations I thought I'd ask the establishment manager if we could use one of the delap buildings, expecting a no, and he said yes. That was quickly followed with a "are we okay to use the roof" which was met with a "sure, no problem".

Pleased you like the video. :)

The band played Brassington last year. it was up for debate as to whether it would be the old bassists last hurrah or my first task, the old bassist won.

We've been asked to play again this year.

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1432976639' post='2786677']
Water For Dogs have been asked back after last year so I will probably be seeing you there then. (insert smiling emoticon of choice here)
[/quote]

Sounds like a date (insert man hug and pint emoticon) :)

Ah, bergs with blue LED to match the Genz LED colour scheme; it is a sight to behold.

For all of you who like the video:

If you would be so kind as to pop on to http://www.facebook.com/ElectricViperBand and share the video post it would be greatly appreciated. We're really proud of what we achieved in a very short amount of time (less than 5 weeks from initial meeting with Cameraman to premier) and want the whole world to see it!

Thanks.

Edited by Dave_the_bass