Why become a member? ×

Alembic Mark King

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1432799135' post='2785008']
These look fantastic but I've always thought that the point on the bottom must make them completely impractical....
[/quote]

I think if you had a bass that nice you'd have it on a stand wouldn't you ?

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1432799520' post='2785015']
I think if you had a bass that nice you'd have it on a stand wouldn't you ?
[/quote]
Yep and that's the reason Alembic started making those classic basses with a point. Back in their early days before they started making basses they did loads of headstock repairs so when they made their own, they put a point on in order to force owners to put their basses on a stand.
[url="http://www.alembic.com/family/history_bodyshapes.html"]http://www.alembic.c...bodyshapes.html[/url]

A lovely bass but still, I'm not a fan of the large bodied classic shape but the coco bolo does a great job of distracting me from the size.

Edited by jazzyvee

As far as I know those two are the only exceptions to the No paid/free Endorsement rule. Everybody has to pay to get their new alembic either through a dealer or direct from the factory which costs more.
Also not giving stuff away to endorsee's helps keep the prices down.... :-)

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1432838966' post='2785535']
As far as I know those two are the only exceptions to the No paid/free Endorsement rule. Everybody has to pay to get their new alembic either through a dealer or direct from the factory which costs more.
Also not giving stuff away to endorsee's helps keep the prices down.... :-)
[/quote]Yes it says in the article that they'd rather not pass on the cost to their ordinary punters. Maybe a few other manufacturers could follow suit.

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1432832034' post='2785448']
Yep and that's the reason Alembic started making those classic basses with a point. Back in their early days before they started making basses they did loads of headstock repairs so when they made their own, they put a point on in order to force owners to put their basses on a stand.

[/quote]This, is why I love this site. I did not know that!