Why become a member? ×

What a bargain NGD

leschirons

Just picked this up on Evilbay. Got it today and spent a couple of hours changing strings cleaning the fretboard and setting up the Floyd. I love a bit of pointy head-stock.

What a sound through my 40 watt all tube combo. Rings as clear as a bell on clean and really dirty on the HB with tons of harmonics. 5 way switch but my fave is the neck / middle position. Gives a real funky Nile Rodgers sound.

Love it. Just need a wig and some Spandex now.

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1431356172' post='2770382']
Nice find!

Currently looking at Charvels myself.

What are the Floyd Rose's like to use? I know a lot of people really dont like them but have no experience.
[/quote]

If they're set up properly, usually for 9-42 strings, they are great fun and really accurate and maintain their tuning. Old ones sometimes need a sharpen where the plate sits against the posts but that's all really. Obviously it can be a bit of a pain restringing if you break one and you need to be a little careful when changing a whole set but personally I love them. Just need to be aware of where you rest your picking hand. If you can get a guitar with an original USA Floyd, even better. None of the licenced ones like Schaller, despite being good, quite come up to the original Floyd standard.

Of course, it depends on your style of playing but I tend to use the "up" facility as much as down. I had an 86 Baretta with an original Floyd and a Hamer Steve Stevens with the same. Never went out of tune. Hardly ever a tweak on the fine tuners all night.

Edited by leschirons

• 2 weeks later...