Why become a member? ×

Fake? Scam? Warning - Rick content

dangerboy

So what do we think?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RICKENBACKER-STEREO-BASS-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ180279330845QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RICKENBACKER-STEREO-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Fuzzy picture, indefinite details, only a 3 week wait from the supplier. What is this?

[quote name='noirpunk' post='267710' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:06 AM']Chinese knock off.

Look on DH-Gate and there's lots on there. Same stock picture to boot[/quote]
Aye. Here it is:
[url="http://www.dhgate.com/RICKENBACKER-4003-stereo-bass-guitar/p_ff8080811b7d76ee011b7eda6f700e49.html"]http://www.dhgate.com/RICKENBACKER-4003-st...da6f700e49.html[/url]

:)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267735' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:37 AM']A hacked account, plain and simple :huh:

I've absolutely no 'real' PC skills as such but I have a good dollop of common sense and intuition and I managed to get into that account with my 2nd attempt at guessing the users password :)

I feel sorry for the user but what a prat![/quote]

I hope you never use your telepathic skills for evil!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267735' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:37 AM']A hacked account, plain and simple :huh:

I've absolutely no 'real' PC skills as such but I have a good dollop of common sense and intuition and I managed to get into that account with my 2nd attempt at guessing the users password :)

I feel sorry for the user but what a prat![/quote]

Not difficult was it ! 3rd attempt for me...I was tempted to change his password to stop the abuse of his account but that would be naughty.... :huh:

Item has been relisted
And in response to "can I call for the bass and pay cash when it arrives"

"unfortunately not as the one in the pic is mine,once i recieve your payment via paypal i then order yours from my supplier in the us which accounts for the 14-21 days delivery! but you can pick it up once it is here but your payment must be paid first within 3 days after auction ends"
regards
louise
louise

- lite_bite_catering76

I contacted ebay live security chat to get passed from pillar to post and eventually was sent back to the "email us" link which can take 24-48 hours.
Obviously ebay don't give a sh*t about individuals accounts.
Anyone got the balls to log into this users account and change the password to stop this abuse.....
No wonder people are dubious about using ebay..

[quote name='Prosebass' post='269534' date='Aug 25 2008, 03:21 PM']Item has been relisted

"unfortunately not as the one in the pic is mine,once i recieve your payment via paypal i then order yours from my supplier in the us which accounts for the 14-21 days delivery! but you can pick it up once it is here but your payment must be paid first within 3 days after auction ends"
regards
louise
louise

- lite_bite_catering76

I contacted ebay live security chat to get passed from pillar to post and eventually was sent back to the "email us" link which can take 24-48 hours.
Obviously ebay don't give a sh*t about individuals accounts.
Anyone got the balls to log into this users account and change the password to stop this abuse.....
No wonder people are dubious about using ebay..[/quote]

I did the same as you and once I realised that I was being allowed access to his account I logged back out... I also considered changing the password as (like you I imagine) it was the first thing the log-on page suggested!

[quote]Item has been relisted

regards
louise
louise

- lite_bite_catering76[/quote]

Seaham is just up the road from me (well up the A19). If I could be arsed (which I can't), I could suggest to the seller that I go and see their bass (if they really have it) and buy their's and they have the other one when/if it arrives.

[quote name='markytbass' post='270066' date='Aug 26 2008, 10:30 AM']Seaham is just up the road from me (well up the A19). If I could be arsed (which I can't), I could suggest to the seller that I go and see their bass (if they really have it) and buy their's and they have the other one when/if it arrives.[/quote]

I'd like to bet they don't agree to you coming anywhere near them... regardless of the reason :)