Why become a member? ×

Come on now tell the truth...

This is a [b]rare[/b] 2007 Fender Jazz Bass, 60's re issue, in mint condition. Full spec can be found on Fender web site. [b]Recommended retail price is £729.00[/b]. This is [b]not your standard Jazz Bass[/b]! [b]The neck is slimline[/b]. The pick ups are [b]not standard[/b]. The finish is of the highest quality. Most of all, the sound is [b]worlds apart from standard Jazz Bass[/b], the sound quality is [b]better than any US Fender I have played previously[/b]. Includes Fender gig bag and all documentation and warranty card. Delivery details to be arranged. Collection is an option.

A few points if you please :)

[b]rare[/b] - How so?
[b]Recommended retail price is £729.00[/b] - Are you sure? I thought Mexican Jazzes were about £350... you aren't trying to insinuate that it is a USA bass!
[b]not your standard Jazz Bass[/b] - Why... have you altered it? If not then it is; if you have then say so!
[b]The neck is slimline[/b] - Aren't they all!
[b]not standard[/b] (pick-ups) - Again, how so! Have you changed them? If not they are standard.
[b]worlds apart from standard Jazz Bass[/b] - How so? It is a standard Jazz bass isn't it!
[b]better than any US Fender I have played previously[/b] - Ah... you've tried lots then have you and again is that an insinuation this is a USA bass?

Not saying it's a bad bass or a bad starting price but he/she's been a bit liberal in his/her description. There are clear photos of the MZ serial number but no direct reference to it being Mex and a few indirect references to USA pricing and basses!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Bass-60s-re-issue_W0QQitemZ130248627355QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Bass-60s...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

i contacted the seller

and politely asked him to make sure the potential buyers were aware of the bass's origin!

he said:

hi,thanks for your comments but if you look at the serial number and check it with fender you will find that you are very wrong..i paid over 700 pounds for it at TMC in coventry who are a fender dealer a year ago...

after the bit of research ive done im pretty dam certain its not a US instrument!!!

what does anyone else think?

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='268347' date='Aug 23 2008, 10:21 AM']he said:

hi,thanks for your comments but if you look at the serial number and check it with fender you will find that you are very wrong..i paid over 700 pounds for it at TMC in coventry who are a fender dealer a year ago...[/quote]

I don't know anyone stupid enough to pay £700 for a MIM Jazz. It doesn't look like any of his bidders are gonna be fooled into thinking it's a USA bass anyway @ £272.

Surely he knows full well it's not a USA bass otherwise he would have advertised it as being one. What a nob...

EDIT: Just noticed he's published his phone number. Might be worth calling him on 07793562055 if anyone feels like they want to help him see the error of his ways?

Edited by benwhiteuk

I don't know how relevant you guys think this is, but according to this link

[url="http://www.fender.co.uk/images/resources/pdfs/2008%20Fender%20SRP%20Price%20List%20For%20Web.pdf"]http://www.fender.co.uk/images/resources/p...20For%20Web.pdf[/url]

what he says about the RRP is 100% correct. Well, 99.99% - it's actually £729.99. The price is on page 8, item 013-1800-300. Sure, street value is probably a lot less (£511 at GAK, for instance), but it's not like he's the first person to ever list a RRP to help his sale.

I agree, I think he's been a bit adventurous in his description, but he's spot on with regards to the RRP. Also, he started the bidding at £200, no reserve, so he's certainly letting the market decide the value.

Also, I really don't think he's suggesting it's a US bass, I think he's just saying it's better than any US Fender basses he's tried.

Finally, if he's trying to stitch people up, putting his mobile number in the listing and offering collection is a funny way to go about things!

To be honest, if this stays close to it's current price, I think it could be a good buy. The bass is certainly in nice condition. As for the model, I think this is one of the best products Fender has come out with in the last 10 years, it's a seriously good bass for not a lot of money.

Edited by bassaussie