Why become a member? ×

All about that bass...

JoeEvans

These guys are great and I have been following them for some time. Sadly I could not get to any of the Euro concerts they just completed.

The girl on the left is the daughter of Telly Savalas - or Kojak to us old farts.

Edited by Bobthedog

I was thinking about this video and about the changes in the music industry that universal internet access have created. On the one hand, obviously the recorded music industry has basically died on its arse. But on the other hand, if a band can put on a properly entertaining show, it opens things up for them very quickly indeed. I used to book for a 400-capacity venue; if a band sent me a link to a video like this I'd book them straight away, even if they were completely unknown, and I'd be confident of selling the venue out because I could embed the film on the venue website, slap it all over Facebook and email a link to my mailing list, and wait for the ticket sales to kick off. More than that - if I was in a band this good, I would be confident of booking myself a well-paid tour in pretty much any country in western Europe, with no manager, label, agent or reputation needed.