Frets -------------------24 Jumbo
Radius------------------Compound 10" - 12"
Inlay--------------------Dots
Hardware Finish-------Chrome
Bridge------------------Heavy Duty Precision Adjustable
Pickups-----------------Seymour Duncan
Tuners -----------------Hipshot
Controls----------------Passive Electronics - master volume & tone

has anyone played one? i'll admit it's got sort of marmite looks, but i happen to like the looks quite a bit.

[quote name='escholl' post='266647' date='Aug 20 2008, 09:42 PM']has anyone played one? i'll admit it's got sort of marmite looks, but i happen to like the looks quite a bit.[/quote]

Seem to remember someone getting a great deal because of a distributor or something along those lines... I know this post is decidedly unhelpful, but maybe they will turn up :)

Edited by josh3184

I had a red one which is now with another B'chatter: it's a really nice bass to play, well balanced and some good tones for a passive. Don't buy new, the guy selling one on here was selling the more expensive one with a longer top horn for around £600 I recall, don't know if he ever got rid of it?
The body is detachable and the knobs are concealed.....

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='266660' date='Aug 20 2008, 10:24 PM']I had a red one which is now with another B'chatter: it's a really nice bass to play, well balanced and some good tones for a passive. Don't buy new, the guy selling one on here was selling the more expensive one with a longer top horn for around £600 I recall, don't know if he ever got rid of it?
The body is detachable and the knobs are concealed.....[/quote]

is it not the same neck assembly, just with a different body on it? i can't believe that other one ended up selling for only 450! :)

still, this is the one that i really like, i looked at as many of them as i could find online. as i'm sure you're aware, once you fall in love it's got to be [i]that[/i] one :huh:

• 4 months later...

Let us know how you get on with it and post some pics please!

I have to say that looks-wise they seem to be very variable. I'm not at all a fan of the one that introduces this thread, but there are some particularly tasty examples on the web site and the NAMM 07 Stealth Black model was gorgeous!

I wasn't totally awestruck by the RKS site photo but the bass in the flesh is something quite different. Mine is a Sym Bass with the symmetrical horns and it does balence too. I have some detail shots I'll post. Mine also has the translucent finish and the inside of the cutaway is satin, a nice touch.

What is there to say? Very high quality of construction (US made) with a 3 piece neck thru neck with tiny wings that are even replicated in the headstock. There is an alloy 'resonance block' at the end of the headstock and the tuners are US Ultralites. The board is ebony and the strings can be mounted thru body. The bass is passive vol/tone and the control are neat and have a weighty smoothness that is delightful. The tone for a passive bass is really good, very punchy with reasonable tonal variation.

The string spacing is generous and slightly adjustable via the Hipshot chromed brass bridge. The neck is very flat which I like on a wider board.

Marmite?

Here's some detail pics.

Peter