Why become a member? ×

Pickups gone - advice please

cheddatom

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1429795459' post='2755044']
If the original G&B pickups have gone micro-phonic after not many years then I would say replace them with anything but G&B!!
[/quote]

That is a valid point. Although they could be reliable pickups if you don't get dodgy or damaged ones (those could have just been overheated during potting for example).

Cheddatom, if the MOQ is 10, you're right to look elsewhere. I could understand a inflexible MOQ for 4 or 5 string pickups - but 6 strings+ are rare enough. They should just make you pay a modest small quantity fee - that is if they want to sell to the general public and small companies.

I don't think they're that bothered as they're doing a lot of stuff for EMG etc, I'm just too small fry

The pickups do really sound ace, very, very aggressive. Well, I assume it's the pickups and not just the bass or pre-amp. I'll whip them out this weekend, my girlfriend reckons she knows of some chemicals we can get to dissolve the resin and leave the wire intact. Might as well try!