Why become a member? ×

Hadean bass ukulele

Annoying Twit

Zebra wood. Don't know if it is solid or laminated. They sell for $149 here, so at that price most likely laminated, not that it makes much difference to me. Looks cool. Comes with Aquila strings. My daughter wants it. I am sure she will let me borrow it in my frequent forays playing folk music. She better, anyway.

that looks mighty pretty, but I notice that there is no access panel on the back for string changes, so everything has to be done through the soundhole, I played a couple of different models before I bought my kala and the access o he underside of the bridge was major factor for me,the kala had the nicest design with hidden magnets, there was a korala and a ohana as well and one had no access and the other had screw in panel which is fine as a design but the screws were in at odd angles so they weren't flush, so even though there was very little to choose between them in tone and playability I went for the kala (the nice semi hard case helped to offset the £100 extra that the kala was over it's next dearest rival) one of te cheaper ones was fitted with strings that looked like Aquila but when compared to the real thing they were a lighter colour and not quite as nice sounding.

Matt