Why become a member? ×

Broken Tuner on Warwick!

dadofsix

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1428336430' post='2740354']
Beats the normal one, shutting the case with the strap over the pots and bang, the pot snaps the wood underneath and falls in.
Loverly basses but almost made out of glass.
[/quote]

Geez, how thick was that strap??? My two Warwicks have proven to be eminently road-worthy over the years -- save for one tuner. lol

[quote name='dadofsix' timestamp='1428503574' post='2741906']
Geez, how thick was that strap??? My two Warwicks have proven to be eminently road-worthy over the years -- save for one tuner. lol
[/quote]

Probably a combination of strap over the pot, crap plastic gater case and clumsy roadie if I am to be honest, but in went the volume pot and the wood around it.
They non German ones might be thicker cavities.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1428477704' post='2741545']

Wh puts a bass away in its case without taking the strap off first?
[/quote]

Me. I don't think I've had the strap off my bass since I put it on three years ago. When going into the case, It has a certain way of being tucked in so that it doesn't get in the way.

[quote name='dadofsix' timestamp='1428600652' post='2742928']
Yay, my fretless is fully operational again. Now, I'm waiting for the fretless strings I ordered to begin a new journey into musical magic. lol
[/quote]

Aren't all strings fretless? They'd be quite painful on the fingers otherwise.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1429032965' post='2747244']
Aren't all strings fretless? They'd be quite painful on the fingers otherwise.
[/quote]

Haha! But attended to. I forgot to put an apostrophe after the second "fretless." :-)

Edited by dadofsix

• 2 months later...

Ummm, I just was "strolling" through some of my old posts and came across this one. Forgive the "ding-bat statement" about "fretless strings." What I was trying to say was that I was waiting for the [b]flatwound strings[/b] that I had ordered for the fretless bass.

Well, the flatwound strings have been on the fretless bass for a while now. It actually took some getting used to for me. They sound great but, I'm so used to the "friction" of the woundround strings on my basses. Tis a new adventure on the bass to be sure, and I like it! :-)