Why become a member? ×

Aftermarket Jazz necks- any advice welcomed

oh...it's_a_squier

[quote name='sammybee' timestamp='1429119029' post='2748260']

I bought one of these from Custom World Guitar parts - about £115. Not bad but the frets definitely need some work - action isnt that low and the thing buzzes like crazy.
[/quote]

Would be perfect if only it had round the fretboard binding

I can vouch for Warmoth as well; I bought a Telebass neck on here last year, it has a Jazz-width nut but is quite chunky in terms of depth. The gloss finish isn't too thick and is very comfortable to play, the neck does weigh a bit more than the Fender neck I had before and it did dive a bit when I had some Fender tuners on but I swapped them for Schallers and it's fine now. The finish and frets are excellent, my only (minor) gripe is that the rosewood fretboard isn't as dark as I would like.

I'm toying with putting another 'bits' together, but this time fretless, and I've had a Mighty Mite fretless Jazz before and loved it. Does anyone have any experience of other brands of fretless jazz necks for comparison?

I've had at least six Mighty Mite necks and every single one of them has been excellent.

I put Mighty Mite Jazz necks on all my precisions, and quite honestly, the finish is as good as the original Fender USA necks I replace.
Five were from Bluebass320 on eBay, and one was imported from the States, all great quality and fitted the neck pockets perfectly.