Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Dubs

Trade my Thumb BO for your Jazz?

This is my 2004 Thumb BO. I’ve owned it for about 2 years now and it was my main bass for almost the whole of that time, but since the arrival of my SSI about 2 months ago it’s just not getting used at all and I’d like a contrast to the Warwick sound…variety is the spice of life you know :brow:

The bass does have a ding on the neck, right at the top of the fret board down at the first fret (pictured), but this doesn’t affect it’s playability at all – you cannot notice it when playing. The original owner done this and he said it was caused by a wall hanger…another reason why I don’t use them :)

I’m interested in trades for a 4 string Jazz (possibly a 5), but I may consider other offers but it would have to be something very interesting to suppress my Jazz GAS.

Anyone interested?

[attachment=12378:1.JPG]
[attachment=12379:2.JPG]
[attachment=12380:3.JPG]

I’m not a pro photographer at all, so please excuse the shoddy pics – I’ll do more if anyone asks:

Edited by benwhiteuk

If you want some cold hard cash then drop me a PM as i'd possibly be interested in buying it. :brow:

Already have an NT4, but a slightly worn BO would be better for gigging!

Edited by rjb

[quote name='rjb' post='264885' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:12 PM']If you want some cold hard cash then drop me a PM as i'd possibly be interested in buying it. :brow:

Already have an NT4, but a slightly worn BO would be better for gigging![/quote]

Thanks for the interest. I’ll see what kind of offers I get in the next week or so, and then I’ll ponder over a cash sale if I’ve not had much interest.

Cheers mate

Hello, I have posted a pic of my US '97 Jazz with tort shell and drop D tuner, (but no longer the j retro. I put her back to passive and sold the j retro) I don't know much about warwicks or if this is a suitable trade, so please forgive my ignorance if it is not. She does'nt get a la la la la la lookin' since I bought a marcus sig about 6 months ago. If you are on route fro Pompey to Derby perhaps we could compare each others :) :huh: . Just a thought! obviously i will post more pics if required,

cheers mr fudge.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='265132' date='Aug 19 2008, 12:41 AM']Hello, I have posted a pic of my US '97 Jazz with tort shell and drop D tuner, (but no longer the j retro. I put her back to passive and sold the j retro) I don't know much about warwicks or if this is a suitable trade, so please forgive my ignorance if it is not. She does'nt get a la la la la la lookin' since I bought a marcus sig about 6 months ago. If you are on route fro Pompey to Derby perhaps we could compare each others :) :huh: . Just a thought! obviously i will post more pics if required,

cheers mr fudge.[/quote]

Yeah I’d definitely be interested in this mate, it looks great. I’ve got no idea of the value of a ’97 US Jazz vs a Thumb BO either, so maybe someone can let us know? I bought the Thumb for £550, but I know the market has slumped since then, so I’d be guessing that its current value to be around £500.
Have you got any more pics of it?

Edited by benwhiteuk

Hello Benwhiteuk, I paid £500 for my jazz in 2001. I too don't really know the the value at the moment and I don't really know if what I paid for it is of much relevance anyway in todays climate. It really blew me away when I bought it ( I was mainly a guitarist back then ). Until joining this place I had no GAS issues. Then I decided I desperately needed a vintage 70's P. I went into PMT picked up the marcus jazz and knew within a tenth of a second I wasn't going home without it. My '97 now sits in a corner at home. I took it to one bigger gig as a back up because I wouldn't have got away with a restring. 99 times out of 100 I only take 1 bass to a gig and its going to be the marcus at the moment. What interests me in your Warwick is it is very different to other basses I have played and if I have another bass that is different it often inspires and develops you as a player.

I will try and get to try out a thumb bass. I really don't know much about them. At the moment Im doing the graveyard shift feeding my 4 day old daughter while the rest of the family sleep so I will take some pics hopefully in the wee hours and post them up. Im definately interested though and if it made us both happy then everyones a winner. If you change your mind/ Gas after something else or I do then nobody has lost out either

Anyone know where thumbs are stocked in Brum?

Cheers Matthew.

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='265905' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:32 PM']I will try and get to try out a thumb bass...[/quote]

Yeah if you can get to somewhere to try one out and are still interested then let me know mate. I know Sound Control (now Reverb) in Brum used to stock a few Warwicks, maybe try there?

Cheers Ben, I have posted a few picks. Im sure sound control was formerly Musical Exchanges. I'll do a bit of research and try and get to play one next week. I am very genuinely interested. I already have my super jazz with the marcus, something new will be a bonus and a new toy to play with. With a baby a 2 other kids under 7, I am rather busy at the moment but I will do my best to try a thumb next week if possible. I'll keep you posted PM / here or both. Its not as if I'm looking to do anything with my old Jazz other than possibly this anyway. The Jazz is in great nick, a few very minor dings and the G tuner is a little bent after an arguement she has at The Queens Head in West Brom a few years ago. Very minor as you can see from the pics. The D tune Hipshot also adds to the fun.

Cheers Matthew.

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='rjb' post='267720' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:21 AM']Still interested! :brow:

Good luck with the trades, though![/quote]

feel free to make me a cash offer via PM if you like :)

no guarantees mind...

Tried Reverb today and City Music just around the corner. No Warwicks at all!!! Infact they only had about 12 basses in total, but a few Laklands and a couple of cracking Fender re issues, one of which was a beaut.

How is your gas this week benwhiteuk?

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='270703' date='Aug 27 2008, 01:11 AM']How is your gas this week benwhiteuk?[/quote]

It’s still there man, GASing away for a nice Jazz…but I’ve also been eyeing up a few other basses that I need to go and try – G&L L2000

Shocker that there are no Warwicks in Birmingham! I know there used to be loads in the old Sound Control, oh well.

[quote name='Mike' post='270812' date='Aug 27 2008, 10:24 AM']It's not quite a jazz, but it's got one of the best Jaco-esque sounds I've heard, a Dean Jeff Berlin signature 4? With a bit of cash your way?[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Mike, but it’s not really what I’m looking for. Your signature has made me a very jealous man though…

[quote name='benwhiteuk' date='Aug 27 2008, 05:34 PM' post='271192']
It’s still there man, GASing away for a nice Jazz…but I’ve also been eyeing up a few other basses that I need to go and try – G&L L2000

Shocker that there are no Warwicks in Birmingham! I know there used to be loads in the old Sound Control, oh well.

no probs, let me know how you get on. Mine isn't going anywhere at the minute.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='271230' date='Aug 27 2008, 06:57 PM']no probs, let me know how you get on. Mine isn't going anywhere at the minute.[/quote]

Have you got the Fender hardcase for it and the original tuner?

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='271241' date='Aug 27 2008, 07:08 PM']Have you got the Fender hardcase for it and the original tuner?[/quote]

sorry, It is a no to both questions. The only thing I have done is replaced the original white scratch plate. I have that though.

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='271422' date='Aug 27 2008, 11:29 PM']sorry, It is a no to both questions. The only thing I have done is replaced the original white scratch plate. I have that though.[/quote]

Ok mate, I’ll bare that in mind. However, the Thumb might get sold for cash relatively soon, but I’ll keep you informed.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='271815' date='Aug 28 2008, 02:52 PM']Ok mate, I’ll bare that in mind. However, the Thumb might get sold for cash relatively soon, but I’ll keep you informed.[/quote]

No probs at all and congratulations on the sale. I want to see you with a killer jazz now. There was a Marcus around here a few days ago. I love some of the other 75 re-issues as well.

Cheers. Matthew.