Why become a member? ×

The "quote" system

Thump

Is there some kind of trick to this?

Some magic word I don't know?

Every other forum I have used I only needed to hit the quote button once and there it would be waiting for me in the reply box.

But here? quote quote multiquote quote quote quote and then maybe the text will appear for me where its meant to but usually not.

Any help would be much appreciated , I'm not a total thicko. Honest.

[quote name='Thump' timestamp='1427056251' post='2725255']
Is there some kind of trick to this?

Some magic word I don't know?

Every other forum I have used I only needed to hit the quote button once and there it would be waiting for me in the reply box.

But here? quote quote multiquote quote quote quote and then maybe the text will appear for me where its meant to but usually not.

Any help would be much appreciated , I'm not a total thicko. Honest.
[/quote]

It's workin' for me...

What browser are you using?

Internet explorer something point something? its a big blue E.

Have been warned off firefox for security reasons by friends who work in governmental IT based shenanigans.

Used to use that other one whassisname....chrome? been on IE since 2012 on this machine which was built primarily for gaming by aforementioned friends

Think i'll give chrome a try again, my friends were dead serious about not using firefox yet would not elaborate

Many thanks.

I hp it will resolve th missng textproblem I curntly hve.

^^^unedted lne

[quote name='Thump' timestamp='1427058167' post='2725295']
Think i'll give chrome a try again, my friends were dead serious about not using firefox yet would not elaborate

Many thanks.

I hp it will resolve th missng textproblem I curntly hve.

^^^unedted lne
[/quote]

Aye, that's IE for you. You might find that the enter/return key doesn't work, too...

[quote name='Thump' timestamp='1427057783' post='2725285']
Have been warned off firefox for security reasons by friends who work in governmental IT based shenanigans.
[/quote]

Funny, one of the reasons I use Firefox and not IE is for security. Most of the other reasons are because as one who does a modicum of web development, I know just how broken IE is.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Thump' timestamp='1427058167' post='2725295']

^^^unedted lne
[/quote]

So "the man" knows I hang out on Basschat if I use firefox......it could be worse, but I am glad I view "Chiuhuaua's in Tutu's" via Chrome then :ph34r: