Why become a member? ×

Markbass 102 HF. Anyone using them ?

flippyfloop

Tried out a bass recently in a shop & ran through a 102hf cab.
I've never been a fan of Markbass cabs but I really liked the sound of this one. Maybe the proper HF horn helped a lot as my past experience has been with the lighter, rear ported, piezo equipped cabs.

So, anyone using these & care to comment ?

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1426625999' post='2720124']
Tried out a bass recently in a shop & ran through a 102hf cab.
I've never been a fan of Markbass cabs but I really liked the sound of this one. Maybe the proper HF horn helped a lot as my past experience has been with the lighter, rear ported, piezo equipped cabs.

So, anyone using these & care to comment ?
[/quote]
Terrific cabs....stack two and it will likely be all you'll need.....or with the smaller 2x10

Using two of them should get you close to the 104HF which is the best cab I have owned. They are quite big for a 210 though, which is probably why they sound much more meaty than the traveller series. If I had the space I would get 2 102HFs and use one or both depending on the gig. The older version had ports top and bottom front. I don't know if they are better than the newer bottom only ported version?

Thanks for the input all.

I'm tempted by two because of the ability to vertical stack them. I love my Vanderkley & would like another but I really want to get my speakers up close to my ear. Do a lot of gigs where my calves are touching the speaker cabs due to tight stage space, which sucks. Obviously the MB cabs will not sound as good as the Vanderkley but sometimes the room will 'suck up' the clarity anyway or I'll be using ear plugs most of the time as well.