Why become a member? ×

Right up againts your cab

slystewart

The covers band I play in seem to be playing at small Pubs..5 peice band most times due to space I find myself right up..back against the cab...use a Ampeg 4 X 10 SVT PRO plus and SVT 2 Pro amp ,I put the speaker on a flight case so I can hear it have tried on the floor but seems to be not as good.. Some times its so hard to hear whats going on,top end of the guitar comes through better but bottom just seems to be a mush some times.
On othe strange things is being that close on some numbers sounds like im playing out of tune when im not Only done about 10 gigs from a beginner any help Stewart

Sounding like you're out of tune means you are frying your ears with proximity and volume!!!!! :huh: Have a look around the Site for "earplugs" threads, and invest in a pair as soon as possible. You'll probably find that a decent pair will 'take the edge' off the higher frequencies in Guitar/Vocals/Drums as well, allowing you to hear yourself better. :)

and no.....this is not an 'old fart' reply. This is from someone with severe tinnitus from years in Rock Bands. Protect your lugholes, you only get one pair. :huh: