Why become a member? ×

Peavey G-bass

d-basser

Hi there folks, having to shift a bass to balance purchases and justify them to my girlfriend

Bought this off funkle last year:

Peavey G-bass,
Carbon fibre composite neck, 35" scale, thin and very playable
Peavey active humbucker and 18V 3-band EQ
Gotoh Bridge
Red sparkle finish (doesnt show well in pics, no were near that orange, I will get some better pics soon)
Peavey hard case
[b]US made, pretty rare, no longer manufactured[/b]

Damage. dint in front is were piezo control was installed and then removed, there is a small empty cavity in the back were the piezo pup was, these don't affect the bass at all other than aesthetics but do leave it open for re-modding and putting a piezo in.

nice bass, does and awesome super Pbass style and a Flea/Stingray ish tone with a little coaxing, the pup is further neckwards than the latter giving a different tone

[b]more pics further down thread, give better idea of colour[/b]

[url="http://www.harmony-central.com/Events/WNAM...avey/G-Bass.jpg"]review[/url]

actually this colour:

looking for what i paid: [b]£200[/b]

Edited by d-basser

more pics, incl better idea of colour and pics of the damage:

Sale includes: Hard case, original instruction manual, ernie ball strap and 'top quality' red rubber washer straplocks
sale doesnt include kitkat wrappers, Bizarre or bass mag or slippers :)

Edited by d-basser

damn it for being 4 string! even so i'm still tempted by it, if this is still available once the loan is in next month you may here from me, but i daresay it will be sold by then

[quote name='Matty' post='269256' date='Aug 25 2008, 01:16 AM']would it be sacrilage to buy this to re-finish it?[/quote]

I never thought of that, with the cost of the bass as is and a refin at another 200 quid you could still have a sweet looking graph neck bass for 400, why has this not sold yet?! This would look the business in a nice vintage off white colour

[quote name='kevbass' post='269363' date='Aug 25 2008, 11:20 AM']I never thought of that, with the cost of the bass as is and a refin at another 200 quid you could still have a sweet looking graph neck bass for 400, why has this not sold yet?! This would look the business in a nice [b]vintage off white[/b] colour[/quote]

You read my mind.

[quote name='kevbass' post='269363' date='Aug 25 2008, 11:20 AM']I never thought of that, with the cost of the bass as is and a refin at another 200 quid you could still have a sweet looking graph neck bass for 400, why has this not sold yet?! This would look the business in a nice vintage off white colour[/quote]
WHITE?! nah...

SPRAKLY BLUE SPARKLY BLUE SPARKLY BLUE!!!!

the red's pretty cool, too.