Why become a member? ×

help needed! which ext cab for Marshall bb4410

telbomber

Hi guys, I've had a look around some forums and can't see what I'm after. Basically I've just got my hands on the aforementioned Marshall combo. 300w @ 4 ohms to the 4x10 speakers. It can run 450w @ 2 ohms and recommends the Marshall 1x15 but they are RARE! Anyone had a similar experience or got any advice? Cheers guys :)

Well having had the MB 210 combo with the 115, they sound nice together, but having used the 115 on its own with the MB 450 head, there aren`t many highs coming from that cab. You may well overpower the 115 as well, as each cab would get the same power, with the single 15 having to handle what four 10s do, and being lower to the ground, possible to miss this happening. If they made a 210 in that range I`d suggest that although having used the MB450 with the MB410 cab as well, so only getting the 300 watts, it was plenty enough in both a heavy rock band and a punk band for me. I`d try it on its own before looking for another cab.

Cheers for that fella. Its pretty loud on its own, had a couple studio sessions with it. Just looking at options for more bottom end and increased speaker cone area.
On that note, has anyone has experience of miss matching speaker ohms?
I calculate that if I stick an 8 ohm cab I'll get 2.67 ohms in parallel. Thoughts?

I have a marshall mbc115 which I currently use as a standalone cab. Im not to keen on it to be honest and I'm looking to replace it. I have a thread on this forum about it. once I've found a replacement I'll be looking to move it on. Perhaps you could PM me if you're interested. Cheers, Pete

I used to have the mb450 head and ran it with a pair of peavey 210tx cabs both at 4ohm which sounded great. If 300 watts into a 410cab isnt loud enough for you I'd look at a peavey extention cab. much more common 4ohm than Marshall and cost peanuts.

Edited by sbrag

Do you really want to lift that combo up on top of another cab? I've lifted one & they're not the lightest of things.
If it's loud enough, you're not gonna gain much by adding another.
If you're after more lows, sell it & get a combo (or amp & cab) which already has more lows.