Why become a member? ×

P-Bass or Corvette $$ 4 or Streamer Stage 1 trade...

Alfie Noakes

Following a severe attack of GAS and a realisation that a 4 string Warwick Thumb is the answer to all my tonal wants and needs forever (well, this month at least), I've made up my mind that a Thumb must be obtained somehow. Sadly the funds are low, but I do have three nice basses that I'm just not using at the mo'.

Is there someone out there with a Thumb who'd care to strike up a deal based around one, or one and some cash, or possibly a combination of several, of the following:

[b]Update - Streamer and $$ deals struck, so just got the P-Bass to go. Price below:[/b]

1) MiM P-Bass with Gotoh bridge and Kent Armstrong humbucker, in the bridge position - [b]now £300, with cheapo bag[/b]

2) Warwick Corvette 4 string $$ in black - [b] gone[/b]

3) Warwick Steamer Stage 1 4 string - [b]gone too[/b]

(Apologies to King Tut, for putting temptation his way again)

I'm based near Birmingham and Redditch, if you want to visit and try.

Regards,
Phil

Edited by ALFIE NOAKES 900

[quote name='ALFIE NOAKES 900' post='263059' date='Aug 15 2008, 01:37 PM']Following a severe attack of GAS and a realisation that a 4 string Warwick Thumb is the answer to all my tonal wants and needs forever (well, this month at least), I've made up my mind that a Thumb must be obtained somehow. Sadly the funds are low, but I do have three nice basses that I'm just not using at the mo'.

Is there someone out there with a Thumb who'd care to strike up a deal based around one, or one and some cash, or possibly a combination of several, of the following:

1) MiM P-Bass with Gotoh bridge and Kent Armstrong humbucker, in the bridge position

2) Warwick Corvette 4 string $$ in black

3) Warwick Steamer Stage 1 4 string

I'm based near Birmingham and Redditch, if you want to visit and try.

Regards,
Phil[/quote]

All PMs replied to.

What's that P like with the humbucker in it? Neil Murray (ex Whitesnake) has a bass with exactly the same pick-up configuration he says it gives him enough options for most jobs

It used to be mine. It's an awesome bass that I wish I'd never sold. Before i had the MM put in it was awesome as a P. I can't believe the P pickup is a standard mexico job - it's very powerful. I'm tempted to have it back off of Mr Noakes - but I've got too many basses! It's got a bit of wear and tear but nothing that affects the sound/playability.

Guest BassKS

OOOH that streamer looks mean... what year is it and what are the electronics.. apart from the visible barts and thicker wenge laminates making it early 90s? but then the three band EQ i dont know.

I reckon you could sell'em for more money and get a thumb nt Or go to warwick.de website and get some real money for the streamer and maybe swap and keep the BO's for other app's.

Im still interested about the selling price of the SS1. you never know

Pictures added Dabootsy - apologies for the delay. Been busy at a country fair, on a greyhound awareness stand. Rock and roll, eh?!

Thanks for the good words regarding the P-Bass, King Tut. If only we'd agreed on a deal for your Thumb, I'd be content by now. There again, it was a 5 string, and I'm bad enough on a 4.

Benwhiteuk - pm'd, ta.

BanksKS - it's a '94 that I took in a p/ex for my Thunderbird (radical swap or what?!), with three band EQ, and a stacked blend/volume pot. Hence I've no idea on a value - make me an offer, and I'll give it due consideration. Thanks for the .de site tip, too.

Anyone interested in the Warwick Corvette $$?

Thanks again for the interest, folks.

Regards,
Phil

[quote name='ALFIE NOAKES 900' post='264181' date='Aug 17 2008, 09:09 PM']Pictures added Dabootsy - apologies for the delay. Been busy at a country fair, on a greyhound awareness stand. Rock and roll, eh?!

Thanks for the good words regarding the P-Bass, King Tut. If only we'd agreed on a deal for your Thumb, I'd be content by now. There again, it was a 5 string, and I'm bad enough on a 4.

Benwhiteuk - pm'd, ta.

BanksKS - it's a '94 that I took in a p/ex for my Thunderbird (radical swap or what?!), with three band EQ, and a stacked blend/volume pot. Hence I've no idea on a value - make me an offer, and I'll give it due consideration. Thanks for the .de site tip, too.

Anyone interested in the Warwick Corvette $$?

Thanks again for the interest, folks.

Regards,
Phil[/quote]

You're tempting me Phil..........!

Bump on the Warwick $$, and also on the P-Bass - I have a speaker cabinet deal in the offing, so am very keen to offload either to finance it. Offers?

(King Tut / Col - I'd be more than happy to meet up and return the P-Bass it to its rightful owner, if you want it back)

Regards,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...