Why become a member? ×

Fender 'NOEL REDDING' CIJ Signature Jazz Bass +WITHDRAWN+
£850

Hutton

I have for sale an all-original Fender 'Noel Redding' signature Jazz Bass. This bass is one of a limited edition run of 1,000 of which mine is number 0878.

The bass was 'Crafted in Japan' in 1997 and is modelled on Noel Redding's 1965 Jazz. The bass is in good overall condition. There are small dings on the lower edge near the jack socket and on the rear at the back edge which I have tried to show in the pics. There are also minor marks on the edge of the headstock which are really too small too mention but I do so for the sake of transparency.

The chrome work is starting to tarnish with the bridge being the furthest on in this respect. The chrome however in very good condition for a 15 year old bass. The bass is currently strung with Thomastik TI Flats which have years left in them. Schaller strap buttons are currently fitted to the bass although the originals can be fitted depending on the preference of a potential buyer.

Noel Redding personally signed all 1,000 pickguards. The signature and date of '97' is on the lower horn of the guard. The problem was that these signatures have now worn off. On this particular bass the signature can still be seen by holding the bass flat in good light and looking across the pickguard. A decal of Noel Redding's signature is also on the headstock.

The bass plays and sounds just as a Jazz should. The neck is particularly fine and very playable which seems to be acknowledged on these Noel Redding basses.

The bass has been kept in a good black tolex case which is included in the sale.

The white marks on the pics are reflections of the flash on the camera.

[u]I would be interested in a trade for a MUSICMAN STINGRAY UNLINED FRETLESS.[/u]

The price of £850 includes shipping in the UK.

Edited by Hutton