Why become a member? ×

Early 1983 Fender Squier JV series 57' Reissue Precision Bass SOLD
£575

geoff90guitar

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=3]The bass was made only around a year into the production of these Japanese Fender/Squiers.[/size][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=3]Two tone sunburst finish with a maple neck and fingerboard. Vintage style reverse tuners.[/size][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=3]Fitted with Seymour Duncan SPB1 pickups suited to the original Fender model with cloth wirings. Controls are Fender 250k pots with correct value cap and are in good working order.[/size][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=3]Sometime during its 32 years, it has had the incorrect pick-guard fitted i.e.13 hole fitting as opposed to the 57’ 10 screw hole guard. I have photographed underneath the plate to show this. There are no other holes or cavity mods (further pics sent if requested).[/size][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=3]The truss rod works correctly, the neck and headstock are clean and the frets are in good shape. Overall the bass is very clean with only a few bumps & scrapes.[/size][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=3]It has a big round warm sound with a hint of extra top end due to the Maple board in keeping with the vintage vibe.[/size][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=3]Weight is just above 8 lbs and the overall volume balance across the strings is even.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[size=3]Please see link to pictures.[/size]

http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/geoff90guitar/library/Fender%20Squier%20JV%20Precision%20Bass?sort=3&page=1

[size=3]Cheers[/size]
[size=3]Geoff[/size]
[size=3]PS If anybody could open the pics on this page I'd appreciate. It says I've used 31.35MB of my 30MB whatever that is.[/size]

Edited by geoff90guitar