Why become a member? ×

Things that should be easy ... but aren't ... why?

Annoying Twit

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1424608688' post='2698185']
I'm probably just making excuses for myself but ISHST would be easier to play on a short scale bass like a Hofner than say a big fat necked Precision
[/quote]
Probably true but I suspect the Chuck Berry Talkin Bout You original may have been Willie Dixon on upright.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1424611885' post='2698227']
Probably true but I suspect the Chuck Berry Talkin Bout You original may have been Willie Dixon on upright.
[/quote]just checked it out, doesn't sound like a double bass to me, and it's in C which means there's some open strings in there which makes it easier to play, it is the same as ISHST (apart from that's in E) but it's a pretty generic rock and roll bass line so Talking about you probably wasn't the first song to use it

• 4 weeks later...

I know what you mean , it's the string skipping of the quavers on beats 2 and 3 don't quite fall under the fingers, macca played it with a pick of course and I think this adds to the smooth articulation. Fairplay for learning all this stuff mate , there's so much to be learned from detailed transcription especially of one of the masters