Why become a member? ×

FS: EBMM Stingray 4H 3EQ (Black/Maple)
£845

Thor

Hi All,

Up for sale is my Musicman Stingray 4H/3EQ in classic Black Sapphire Sparkle with a beautiful maple neck. It's a real funk machine with nice low action and lovely fast, playable neck. Comes complete with it's original hardshell case. Looking on the Musicman Bass.org website & using the serial number, it seems the bass is dated around 2000MY. I'd say this bass is in 9.5/10 condition- wise with a small ding just above the mid boost/cut control that I've tried to photograph, with the sparkle finish it's quite difficult to see.

I'm located near Marlborough in Wiltshire, would prefer collection but could ship at buyers expense.

Here's some pics:

[quote name='big rob' timestamp='1423925428' post='2690431']
The neck looks alot darker than mine is that just age ot has it been treated in some way?
[/quote]

I know what you mean - the pics don't really do it justice either. The neck really is quite flamed/dark in places, almost to the extent where it's bordering on looking like birds eye Maple (I'm not suggesting it is birds eye, but it is very dark in places and has that whole birds eye thing going on to some extent). To the best of my knowledge it's had no additional treatment but looks stunning and plays incredibly well.

Compared to my SLO which is also for sale this is much, much darker. :)

• 1 month later...

It looks stunning, would like to see a close up of the 'sparkle' if you had one. 👍

Love the black / black / maple finish, still regret shifting my Sadowsky a few years ago...!

Edited by lou24d53

Have gigged this again tonight, really is a relative lightweight/so comfortable to play (I've had a few Rays that can be heavy), I'll try and take some more photos of the sparkle in day light but I think it's a Gold sparkle on top of the Sapphire Black finish - it really is a cool look. Will post up later in the morning. ;-)

Difficult trying to get shots of the Sparkle but here's a few pics:

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/imperialbarge/Guitars.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/imperialbarge/UJ.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Thor

Looks pretty smart, I had convinced myself last night after a few glasses of red that I could put this on the plastic, but the sober light of day has made me realise I can't really afford to!

I've never owned a Stingray and am keen to rectify that in the future, but I'm afraid it will need to wait.

Thank for posting up the pics though! 👍

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1428321358' post='2740160']
Looks pretty smart, I had convinced myself last night after a few glasses of red that I could put this on the plastic, but the sober light of day has made me realise I can't really afford to!

I've never owned a Stingray and am keen to rectify that in the future, but I'm afraid it will need to wait.

Thank for posting up the pics though! 👍
[/quote]

No worries dude, I swore I'd never part with this but am really gassing for something vintage on here so it has to go (no doubt I'll regret it).