Why become a member? ×

What pedals do I get to fill my board?!

Patchbass

I play in a 4 piece band with 2 guitars, we play rock/ Rock n roll/ punk rock music and I have officially reached a dead end on where to go next on my pedalboard haha, I've got a polytune, a darkglass VMT and an EHX deluxe bass big muff, I'm going to get a stereo pulsar for some whacky tremolo effects for some intros in our songs and thinking of maybe an okko basstard? So I'm thinking of another drive/fuzz basically, something more buzzy and saturated any suggestions please let me know and then does anyone have any suggestions of what to fill the last space with as Im thinking a preamp/Di of some sort or even an octave but I'm wondering if there's any essential pedals im missing? Thanks

Idiot Box Blower Box. Seriously the best bargain drive pedal out there - you have to order from the US but it's worth it. It's like a RAT but with crazy amount of low end on tap, and with a growly bass like a J / PJ / Ray and a pick, I have not found anything better for aggressive sounds. It offers something very different to the VMT and BBM, which I have too. The demos concentrate on the high gain sounds but there are some lower gain examples too (which is where it sounds best), check[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] this video at 6:45:[/font][/color]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIFevxp-1Q#t=405

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIFevxp-1Q[/media]

Edited by dannybuoy

Hmm that does look quite interesting actually may be exacty what I'm looking for, can it get buzzy and saturated then but not sound like mush? Wondering whether to get one of them and maybe add a reverb for spacey sounds? Would you say a di is a must have too? Cheers EDIT: I wonder if the blower box sounds too heavy and gritty for my needs when I'm
Thinking more pinched and buzzy

Edited by Patchbass