Why become a member? ×

<traded> Fender USA P-Bass, white (sale or trade for a car)
£800

mr.noisy

trade value (car-wise 800), straight sale - 750

Here is me, once again.

This time sadly selling my american standard P-bass that I have only bought brand new 4 months ago. Reason is simple, I have just passed my driving licence, and even that I am over 25 my insurance quotes are ridiculous, and with my full-time student budget I can afford only one thing at a time, car or insurance, so I decided to sell one of my basses to fund my first car. Hence it is a car fund rising sale, I am happy to hear any car offers as well, but it needs to be a small engine and up to the value of the £1000 as I can add only a couple of hundred quid on the top of the trade, but ideally I'd like something cheaper. I know it might sounds a bit odd, but I bet there are many of basschatters selling some of their first cars that are surplus to requirements maybe to fund a new bass.

So, just a few words about the bass, as I mentioned I bought it brand new about 4 months ago from Wunjos in London, as you can see on the pics, it's white with tort guard, rosewood board, maple neck and a custom shop pickup (as fender is putting them in all american standards now). It is in superb perfect condition as I played it only few times since I got it, but it has one small ding at the back of the body, no idea when it happened as I always take care of my basses, but it is very small and hard to see (look at the pics) and that is the only mark on the bass, it also comes with original mint (used only once when travelling from the shop back home) Fender SKB hard-case with all the case candy (lead, strap, allen keys, leaflets, tags and I add extra unopened and unfitted yet box of dunlop strap locks). Original sale receipt is there too, I think that Wunjos now has 2 years warranty and free set-ups on this, not sure if it is transferable but I am not moving away from London and I can assist you if you would like to use it at some point.

This is a great bass, I had a few Fenders and this is by far best I had, and a first brand new USA made that I could justify spending my money on, as I am quite picky and been looking in the shops for one for quite a few years and always walked away a bit disappointed, but when I tried this one I couldn't just walk away. It has a very low string action with no buzz anywhere (but I am a very light touch player and always set up my basses lower than anyone else I know), no dead spots and intonation is perfect everywhere on the neck.
You are more than welcome to pop in and try it out.

In case of a sale, I'd prefer collection in person, I could post it if buyer arrange his own courier, but I don't have any cardboard to wrap around the case I'm afraid.
I'm based in Borehamwood, just outside of North-West London.

[attachment=183259:DSC_0526.JPG] [attachment=183260:DSC_0527.JPG] [attachment=183261:DSC_0528.JPG] [attachment=183262:DSC_0529.JPG] [attachment=183263:DSC_0530.JPG] [attachment=183264:DSC_0531.JPG] [attachment=183265:DSC_0532.JPG] [attachment=183266:DSC_0533.JPG]

Edited by mr.noisy

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1423399857' post='2684282']
Feel your pain mate, I sold a lovely bass this weekend due to a car purchase scenario.

Good luck with the sale, great bass.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd rather keep the bass, but I got two other basses that I'd rather keep even more, and one of them is a Jazz Bass which is pretty close to a P-bass on a front pickup, but still, not the same! And car is a thing that is a must at the moments, finally I need to be able to carry my own gear for a gigs.

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1423400099' post='2684285']
I thought by trading for a 'car' you bought white and wanted candy apple red lol. :-)

CB
[/quote]

Haha, I don't mind if a car will be in a CAR :D

Edited by mr.noisy

Well, thanks for your interest, don't know what you mean by realistic cash offer, but I have stated my straight sale price which is £750.

Edit: this was a reply to a comment that seems to be deleted now. (Or invisible to me)

Edited by mr.noisy