Why become a member? ×

Maya precision bass?

Pinball

Hi, I know of one locally. It seems a really nice instrument-it felt classy. Lovely neck, very light, natural with a torte guard. It's in a charity shop so I couldn't try it through an amp. Both knobs were missing although the electrics and tuners appear good. Whats the value?

Note: If I played 4's I would have bought it by now.

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1423312454' post='2683366']
£100, not good timing as I'm buying another bass and collect tomorrow :)

It feels very gigable
[/quote]

I had a Maya precision copy, it was not a bad bass actually. If you decide not to take it, please let me know as I need a beater P-Bass ;)
Cheers

Edited by nick

£100 is a pretty fair price (broadly speaking) for a 70s MIJ bass. I say broadly speaking because like pretty much all the MIJ brands, the Maya badge went on stuff from plywood beginner basses right up to replica-level.

If it plays as nice as you say then it's probably not a low-end example, could you get a pic or two by any chance?

Jon.

I have had a couple of Maya basses, the necks were excellent on both, at £100 for a P it has to be good value as long as it doesn't have a truss rod cover spoiling the headstock end, the earlier comment about ranges is correct, the replica basses are excellent, the Kay / Satellite copies not so good