Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New G&L tribute

budget bassist

So here's my new G&L tribute L2000 i bought off stingrayfan (thanks again) it arrived today and i thought i'd get some shots of it while i still could. Might take some outside later this week. As you can see, it's very pretty, i love the grain on the body and the maple board is very nice, it wouldn't be right with rosewood IMO.

And here's my full rig :) I should have another new addition in a few weeks too.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='261089' date='Aug 12 2008, 07:08 PM']Thanks :) they are rather nice. I was going for a blue burst one but i rather like natural ash too. I still prefer my SUB bass, it's a very similar sound but the SUB has that extra bit of oomph, the G&L does play nicer though...[/quote]

just goes to show how we all perceive tone differently - in a band setting I found my Asat (same electronics)had much more oomph than the Sterling(ok a teeny little less bottom end than a Ray)I had at the time.

No weak G on the G&L and in series with both p/ups on its huge sounding,in parallel with both on it has a great slap tone,in series on the neck p/up in passive mode you can get a woody P sound and in passive/bridge pup and parallel a not too bad burpy J bass sound (new USA L2Ks now have a single coil switching option which can only improve on an already great range of tones)
In isolation/solo'd they may not be spot on in each case but when in a mix with guitars and drums the L2K/Asat do a great job on these standard tones imo.