Why become a member? ×

Electro-Acoustic Washburn AB10

Born 2B Mild

This is a highly reluctant sale, but I've just bought a new sixer on the understanding with the Mrs that I have to sell somethings to pay for it :)

I bought this new about four years a go and have recently put some new bronze strings on it. Now I know that everyone says their bass they are selling sounds great, but this one really does. It has the usual built in pre-amp with EQ etc. Condition is pretty good. I used it on this demo recording done in the same room at home as this photo was taken. Maybe you'll let me buy it back in years to come when I'm richer and nostalgic?

[quote name='shark' post='261079' date='Aug 12 2008, 06:52 PM']Just to make sure ...

The colour is 'natural' not white or ...

Thanks. André[/quote]
Yes, it's natural. I'll do some better photos in natural light in the morning, and post them up. Hopefully they will put buyers off and I can sell the kids instead.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='265575' date='Aug 19 2008, 03:14 PM']how loud is it acoustically?[/quote]
It's loud enough for quiet rehearsing and is defintely more naturally bassy and loud than others I've tried, BUT the only time I did a completely unplugged gig (at a folk club) it wasn't loud enough to cut through the conga player and other guitars. I guess physics determines you need a big sound box ...hence upright double basses still rule!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool i'm very interested in giving this a good home.

I've just bought a house so a little strapped so let me talk to my better half & do some sums.

It would be lovingly looked after with me i can assure you.

And yes i would consider selling you it back when your richer lol

[quote name='fumps' post='282322' date='Sep 12 2008, 08:21 AM']Cool i'm very interested in giving this a good home.

I've just bought a house so a little strapped so let me talk to my better half & do some sums.

It would be lovingly looked after with me i can assure you.

And yes i would consider selling you it back when your richer lol[/quote]
It is on eBay now, but no bids yet, so I can remove it if you decide to go for it sooooon!

[quote name='fumps' post='282446' date='Sep 12 2008, 10:51 AM']When do you need to know by?[/quote]
Somewhere between 9 seconds and 9 days, when the auction ends! I'd prefer to pull an auction when there are no bidders, as no one gets upset. As I write, there are no bids, but that can change at any moment. Where abouts are you? PM me if you want to correspond in private.