Why become a member? ×

butt kicker

enigmatic

A chap on here from germany has a TecAmp 'Pleasure Board' which is a dedicated rumbling platform. His name is 'Area' so if he doesn't chime in try a PM. I use IEMs too so quite interested in one of these type systems.

My good mate Matt Goom is the drummer for Glenn Hughes. The last time I spoke to him he was fitting one of these to his drum stool to go with his in ears to really feel the thump from his kit!!!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='261405' date='Aug 13 2008, 10:17 AM']Would it be possible to use something Like a butt kicker with a tube amp for silent recording? Use it as a load for the amp and attach it to a drum seat and feel the bass in the studio but no real sound?[/quote]

The only time I've used one it was still a little noisey, but if you're DI'd it's not gonna make any difference. It's not loud enough to interfere with a boothed drummer but it will be picked up in the background!

Edited by enigmatic