Why become a member? ×

Can I use the trace elliot EQ on the Ashdown LB30?

badboy1984

I have both the Ashdown LB30 and a Trace Elliot GP11 bass amp. 1 is a all valve amp and one is solid state.

See the link below for my Trace amp:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/254675-trace-elliot-gp11-bass-amp/"]http://basschat.co.u...-gp11-bass-amp/[/url]

Do i use the effect jack (only got 1 effectr jack) on the trace amp and connect to the LB30 input to do that? or I use the trace DI out to a DI box and use jack line out from the DI box to the input on the LB30?

The trace is a solid state so it can run without a cab i take it?

Edited by badboy1984

No.

If you run the FX SEND from one head into the INPUT of another (the front end) then you will be stacking Preamps on top of each other. Not recommended.

You could use the FX SEND on 1 head into the FX return on the other. That would use Preamp on the 1st head and the Power Amp on the second, but whether that gives you EQ control depends on where the EQ is in the circuit on the amp. It also means the Preamp on the 2nd head has no influence on the sound - it is bypassed.

AND, the head being used as Preamp only may still need a speaker load on it (some won't but many will).

Buy an EQ pedal instead. Ashdown have one, or the MXR EQ pedal, or a Soundblox programmable thing. It's far safer and less kit.

Edited by fretmeister

[quote name='mazdah' timestamp='1423177347' post='2681999']
You certainly can! But LB-30 (mine, not sure about newer ones) has effects loop BEFORE preamp, not between preamp and poweramp, so both preamps will work in conjunction, no matter how you plug it in.
[/quote]

Really? What would be the point of having it before the preamp? That wouldn't be a "loop" at all - it's no different to plugging into the front of the amp!