Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ibanez SR500 Price Drop £200 Collected - Trade for your Jazz or ATK
£275

Davy

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SOLD This is is a Korean made Ibanez SR500 in Brown Mahogany.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm not sure how old it is as I'm not the first owner but I've had it for the last two years and I bought it from this very forum.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has the 3 band EQ section and MK1 Bartolini pickups which are very versatile.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]There is bit of buckle rash on the back and a very small chip in the finish that I have shown on the photos below but overall I'd say that it's in good condition.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm probably going to regret selling this when it goes as it has been the best sounding bass that I've owned to date but I've got my heart set on either a Jazz or an Ibanez ATK and I'm a one bass kind of a guy![/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Tradewise I'm looking for a white jazz with a rosewood board or a sunburst with a rosewood board, Squire or MIM. Squire would be a straight swap, MIM would be with cash your way. Alternatively I've always liked the look of the Ibanez ATKs[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£200 Collected or £215 Delivered.[/font][/color]

Edited by Davy

Guest teamcoy

Nice bass.

Are you sure you couldn't justify having an SR and an ATK?

I had an early 90's SR1000e that I regretted selling almost instantly, recently traded my 2nd ATK for an SR605 and I love it but it is nothing like my ATK, both are keepers.

If you are ever planning to be in Leeds and want to try a Jap ATK500, give me a shout.

Have a bump for a lovely bass. Looks like it was made in August 2006 in the Cort Plant in Korea from the serial by the way.

Edited by teamcoy

Guest teamcoy

Yes. Definitely worth trying.

I have only had two ATK's but the neck profiles were quite different. The 700 was more like a warwick corvette neck (thick hand filling) and the 500 that I still have is like a modern Precision/stingray. I played an 800 in a shop and that was different again.

They all sound awesome though.

Good luck with the sale, if I had the cash I would buy it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had one of these
They're fantastic basses for the money IMHO

I only sold mine, as I had too many basses, and the necks on these
are rather thinner than I have moved towards
But if you like slim, fast necks - this bass is for you

Awesome tone, build quality and playability
Superb Bartolini pickups & electronics too

Have a free bump, for an absolute bargain