Why become a member? ×

How can I do this?

NoirBass

Having thought about it the way I have my signal chain running at the moment all I need to do is mute the incoming signal once the Freeze has taken its snapshot. On a momentary switch I can just release and the signal will be un-muted. My other idea was to add a short delay to the muting, but it looks way too complicated to make.

I'll have a bash at a few things and see how I get on

I'm thinking you hold down the switch on the ABY, while you play the "snap shot", let go, and then there's nothing going down that chain anymore, effectively muting it

I did a similar thing once. I had a delay pedal which was always on, and blended into the end of my chain. The input of the delay was running off an AB box which I modified to switch from A to B with a momentary switch. When I pressed it, it would send whatever I played into the delay, then I let go and the delay would carry on while I played through channel A

it was easier to do that as I didn't have to turn the delay on and off

@ the OP. Have you thought of using the Akai Headrush Looper/Delay pedal in Tape Echo mode? It has four discrete outputs - one for each 'virtual' Tape Head, so you could route output 1 to the rest of your signal chain for further processing and the Mix output would then just have Tape Heads 2,3 and 4 but not 1, so could be fed into something else. The pedal has a tap tempo function as well.

Here's the user manual: [attachment=182965:Akai_E2-HeadRush_OM_153058.pdf]

HTH,
Ian

Edited by Bottle

[quote name='Bottle' timestamp='1423142016' post='2681292']
@ the OP. Have you thought of using the Akai Headrush Looper/Delay pedal in Tape Echo mode? It has four discrete outputs - one for each 'virtual' Tape Head, so you could route output 1 to the rest of your signal chain for further processing and the Mix output would then just have Tape Heads 2,3 and 4 but not 1, so could be fed into something else. The pedal has a tap tempo function as well.

Here's the user manual: [attachment=182965:Akai_E2-HeadRush_OM_153058.pdf]

HTH,
Ian
[/quote]

Sounds interesting, do you mean instead of the Freeze or alongside?

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1423147076' post='2681406']
Sounds interesting, do you mean instead of the Freeze or alongside?
[/quote]
Well I was thinking it might be possible to route the first 'Tape Head' output direct to the Freeze (if I understood your signal chain correctly)

Everything else comes out of the Mix output (minus the first Tape Head)

OK, so here's how I could see this working.....bear with me, I lost myself doing this in my head too :blink:

Step 1: Bass > HeadRush > Dry Output > Clean Channel

Step 2: HR Mix Output > FX > LS2 'A' mix

Step 3: HR Tape 1 > Zoom G1on > EHX Freeze > LS2 'B' Mix

Step 4: LS2 output to second channel

EDIT: you may need to play around with the order and placment of effects in the Mix channel and the Freeze channel but I reckon this might get close to what you wanted to achieve

Ian

PS here's a YT clip of the HR2 in tape echo mode [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIe2I-ZwQDI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIe2I-ZwQDI[/url]

Edited by Bottle