Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Jaguar Bass - Now Sold Thanks
£450

Shylock

Made in Japan version that I believe is no longer available and now appears to being manufactured, with a P/J pickup configuration, in the US for a more expensive price.

There are plenty of u tube videos around featured this bass and one of them describes it as a tone monster which it is. You can have either or both pickups passive or active and change to series or parallel wiring to produce precision, jazz and active tones. It is lovely looking red bass and in excellent condition with a few minor belt rash scratches on the back.

I bought it second hand on a whim as I saw the Kasabian bassist using the black version and thought I would give it try. I have other basses and this one does not get used very much. To be honest I do find it a little heavier, at 9.68lb, than by Thunderbird, at 8.9lb. Also I am not a real fan of active basses and I just play it in passive mode.

I am looking for £450, which seems to be the going rate, but in my quest to try/own other basses I would possibly consider trades for a Fender Jazz, Mexican or US, or a new Gibson EB model and possibly a SG or Les Paul bass, Epi T'Bird Classic IV (with the Gibbo p/ups) with cash adjustment either way. Or try me with other trades including D class amp head (must have headphone out and aux in)

Collect, near Loughborough, or meet up locally at your place in view weight, value, handling etc.

Thanks for looking and please contact me with any questions

Edited by Shylock

Hi - thanks for your interest

I will think about it, and research the basses, but for the moment, having just posted, I would rather just wait a little while to see if cash or my preferred choices come up.

Mind you Rochdale is not that local to me.

Cheers

I got a sunburst one of these a few months back and I have got the neck so playable on mine it has now become my 'go to' bass.

The placement of the bridge J pickup has been a bit of a revelation for me. At first I thought it had too much bite but I now love playing fingerstyle over that pickup solo'd.

Wonderful basses imo. GLWTS