Why become a member? ×

Found This Today

blue

My friend and original Wailer, American born Albert Anderson ( Lead guitarist BL for The Wailers), We have remained friends since 1966. We played together , went to grade school through High School. Albert was light years ahead of all the guitarist even back in our High School Days.

The pics were taken in front of Shank Hall ( referenced in Spinal Tap ) it's not a "Hall" it's Milwaukee's coolest small club.

New clip.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrWDeq4yvUI[/media]

Blue

Edited by blue
Link Fixed.

I was lucky enough to meet Al, way back in around 2002 I think? I was working in Denmark Street at the time and he needed the truss rod on his electric guitar adjusted as he'd just arrived. I couldn't believe how lose he wanted the truss rod, everytime I adjusted it he kept asking for more relief, to the point where the action was seriously springy and the frets at the top end weren't happy. But, he's the man, super talented and he knows what he wants.

He was verykind too, we chatted about the Wailers gig of theirs I saw the previous year or so and he was all excited talking about Family Man's immense bass sound.

And what a girlfriend.....super sweet 20 something blonde from Sweden or Holland. :gas:

Al Anderson = too cool.

I've met Al a couple of times here in the UK when he was playing with the Wailers and he is truly a superb musician and guitarist. I first heard him on the Natty Dread album and his tasty guitar playing influenced how I play fills when doing reggae.
Do you know any of his non wailers albums that I could check out?

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1420464594' post='2649572']
I was lucky enough to meet Al, way back in around 2002 I think? I was working in Denmark Street at the time and he needed the truss rod on his electric guitar adjusted as he'd just arrived. I couldn't believe how lose he wanted the truss rod, everytime I adjusted it he kept asking for more relief, to the point where the action was seriously springy and the frets at the top end weren't happy. But, he's the man, super talented and he knows what he wants.

He was verykind too, we chatted about the Wailers gig of theirs I saw the previous year or so and he was all excited talking about Family Man's immense bass sound.

And what a girlfriend.....super sweet 20 something blonde from Sweden or Holland. :gas:

Al Anderson = too cool.
[/quote]

Very cool,

Albert is scary when it comes to truss rods. Truss rods are over my head and I won't personally meddle with them. i have seen Albert back stage not to long before a show with the neck off of his guitar. Somehow he can put every thing back in place in a short period of time.

Albert is very gracious to the fans that have followed him since 1974. He said I can sit in on "Heathen" when he comes back to Milwaukee. A huge part of reggae history.

The pics, the only thing that went bad that night was, my girl friend picked a fight with Albert. She's no longer my girl friend. It was completely inappropriate.

BTW, if Albert hadn't pursued a career in music he would have been a Pro Foot Ball Star. Back in Montclair HS, when Albert had the ball, nobody could stop him.

Blue

Here is a High School pic, Albert is easy to find. The guy sitting on the floor is Billy Joel's drummer Chuck Burgi. Chuck also went to Montclair High School so did Joe Walsh. Those were good days.

I included a recent pic of Chuck.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1420471634' post='2649681']
I've met Al a couple of times here in the UK when he was playing with the Wailers and he is truly a superb musician and guitarist. I first heard him on the Natty Dread album and his tasty guitar playing influenced how I play fills when doing reggae.
Do you know any of his non wailers albums that I could check out?
[/quote]

You know, I don't know of any off hand. He's played with everyone. I believe he did some recording with Peter Tosh, so there has to be something out there.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1420497567' post='2650115']
Very cool,

Albert is scary when it comes to truss rods.

[/quote]

Yup, it was the first, and only, time someone has ever requested one that lose.

I always guessed that he wanted the strings to be really springy when playing the typical reggae rhythm guitar stabs, nice to bounce off the stings and feel the groove that way.

Cool pics you posted Blue.