Why become a member? ×

NAD - back to EBS *updated: new cab too*

Graham

I've been thinking about a change of amp on and off for a bit, and then this beauty came up in the sales forum. I used to play a Fafner but downsized when we moved to our previous house, I did miss the EBS sound and where we are now has a bit more space so I've been able to go back to a rack system rather than a micro head.

[Img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Ghost_Upon_The_Stage/20141223_213016_zpsr5nqtxnq.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

Got a gig tomorrow night so looking forward to trying it out in anger, first impressions: very clear, tight "hi-fi" sound, what you'd expect from an EBS reall. Forces you to be a better player - there's no hiding poor technique or wrong notes with an amp like this.

Edited by Graham

Been there mate.

After using the EBS HD350 for over a decade, had brain fade 4 or 5 years ago and downsized to class D. Found that from that point forward, was ALWAYS comparing amps to the HD350. 3 or 4 amps been and gone and I took the plunge a year ago and got another HD350. Been as happy as a dog with two, erm, bones.

There's some really special about that amp. It's got SOOOOO much power for the rated wattage and the compressor is sublime. Totally useable and toneful rather than being a second thought. The drive circuitry sounds fantastic. You should hear it run through an Ampeg 810. So good, a mate of mine got rid of his vintage SVT for one.

I've since brought a Reidmar as a "rehearsal" amp. The Reidmar is great but the HD350 is the "marker".

Enjoy yours ;-)

The 350 is my fave head of all time. Not too heavy, powerful and sounds sublime to my ears. It has always been, in my humble option of course, the best amp that they have ever produced. I ended up leaving my 650 at home as I came to realise that my 350 actually had the edge.

There's something about big transformers that class D doesn't nail for me. (Apart from the weight! - not that the 350 is heavy!)

The TD650 is a favourite of mine (well demo'd, never owned) - I'd love to give the 350 a whirl at some point. I also agree - as much as I live D Class and the amp I currently use is superb, I do love the depth of tone from a big ole AB MOSFET and hefty power supply!
My back however does not!

Done a couple of gigs with it now and really like it :)

I will need to change my cab though, the Compact worked better than I expected, but the amp is effectively handicapped at the moment by not playing into a cab with a tweeter, the bright control currently does nothing :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Solved my lack of tweeter problem :)

Just got back from Kiwi's where I picked up this beauty:

[Img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Ghost_Upon_The_Stage/20150108_214223-1_zpsfjfmhd51.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

Looking forward to getting it out at gig volume