Why become a member? ×

Wal Custom Left Handed for sale

leftyhook

Can't believe I'm having to do this, but.....

[color="#000080"] Left-handed Wal Custom bass. Year 1984 –serial number 2309. Beautiful Schedua body (Mahogany core) gives this bass a stunning look to match its amazing range of tones.
Plain (without spots) Indian Ebony fingerboard as originally fretless, professionally converted to fretted several years ago.
As it’s 24 years old, the bass has several dings on body, though they do not detract from it’s natural beauty. The volume knob is not the original and the plastic electronics cover on the back has a small piece that has snapped off (see pic),

A wonderful piece of craftsmanship that I am reluctantly parting with after 24 years of having it from new.(see my story in the ‘welcome’ column)
Comes with original Wal brown fibreglass moulded case with embossed ‘Wal’ signature.Case looking travel-worn and some catches ineffective but still closes fine, though can't lock.

If you know your basses, you will know that Wal basses are as rare as hen’s teeth.

I’m looking for a bargain price of £1,200 (One thousand, two hundred GBP) plus and P& P.[/color]

Joe (North East UK)

Edited by leftyhook

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='257386' date='Aug 7 2008, 04:57 PM']who else is wondering if its possible to play upside down!
great bass![/quote]
haha my exact thought train at the moment!

I saw this bass on the Yahoo Wal-group and I send a link to a left handed bassplayer in Holland...
I heard that he contacted you and that you agreed to sell the bass to him.
It is a bit weird to see the bass here on bass-chat now ?
I hope your deal with him goes through since he is really looking forward to own this instrument...

Edited by wombatboter

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='257386' date='Aug 7 2008, 04:57 PM']who else is wondering if its possible to play upside down!
great bass![/quote]

Totally doable I'm sure, though I personally couldn't brink myself to to start adding strap pins to the body.... :)

Hey guys
I posted on a few other places and I have had interest, mostly from a guy in Holland who is stil in contact, but until I'm absolutely sure then I have to keep my options open, though I am a man of honour. If he comes up with a definate plan to pay for and receive my Wal very soon then it is his.

Joe

[quote name='leftyhook' post='257427' date='Aug 7 2008, 05:47 PM']Hey guys
I posted on a few other places and I have had interest, mostly from a guy in Holland who is stil in contact, but until I'm absolutely sure then I have to keep my options open, though I am a man of honour. If he comes up with a definate plan to pay for and receive my Wal very soon then it is his.

Joe[/quote]

He is already planning his boattrip so I think you will be seeing him real soon...
He is a trustworthy person too so I'm sure there won't be any problem whatsoever...

Already spoke to him via email and he assures me he definaltely wants it. That's cool.
Looking at my WAL right now.......AAAAARGH!!!! I forgot how lucky I have been to have this bass........but not for long. AAargh!

Marcus, thanks for the kind words and introducing me to this great forum. It is a great sounding bass. I just plug in, no effects etc. and POW!!!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='leftyhook' post='257427' date='Aug 7 2008, 04:47 PM']Hey guys

Joe[/quote]

I just heard from the bass-player in Holland that you pulled back from the deal although he had already paid you through Paypal (he had to pay 170 Euros on top of the price for the Wal to buy British Pounds on Paypal)...
He was awaiting the shipment and really looking forward to have the instrument of his dreams ( a lefty Wal is hard to find) and already proudly posting pictures of his bass to fellow-bassplayers on a Dutch bass-forum when you told him that you didn't want to send the bass and that you would refund the money...
He is very very disappointed that you called this off in the last minute but if you are indeed a man of honour (whom I think you are) you should also refund the extra 170 Euros he had to pay since it is not his fault that he didn't get the Wal...
It isn't a nice thing you did but if you don't take the financial responsability for your actions, that would be even worse imo..
I hope you deal with the whole situation as a gentleman would and that on top of his disappointement the Dutch bass-player doesn't have to live with a financial hangover too, due to your indecision...Thank you...

Edited by wombatboter