Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe Basses

leonshelley01

Has anyone else got one of these beauties yet? This morning I've tried out the range at Machinehead in Hitchin and I have to say I am very impressed. All three are great, the Jazz sounded like a Jazz, the 50's Precision was very cool but the 60's Precision was brilliant. It is even better in my humble opinion than the Vintage Modified Jazz.

The new HiMass bridge functions very well, adding depth and the pickups are decent too, so much so, I won't be changing them. It even has a bridge cover (not shown on the Squier website) to make it even more classy! Couple this with a neck that is as good as any MIM I have tried recently and I think Squier are on to another winner.

So go and try these, and don't be surprised when you take one home with you!

Edited by leonshelley01

[quote name='leonshelley01' post='257854' date='Aug 8 2008, 10:13 AM']

Pictures as promised. I had to use the shop's photo's as my camera is playing up, but this is the actual bass I bought. Needless to say I have now removed the cheesy sticker![/quote]

-drools-

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='259719' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:08 AM']I can't quite see in the pics, but did you attach the bridge cover with screws? Ie., did you actually drill holes in a brand new bass??? If so, you're a braver man than me! :)[/quote]

It is screwed but it was already on when I got it, so I asked about it in the shop, and they said that was how it arrived from the distributor. As you say, it's not shown on the website, so who knows!

[quote name='SJA' post='259774' date='Aug 11 2008, 10:54 AM']is there a skunk stripe on the rosewood board P and J?[/quote]

Nope, standard one piece maple neck with no skunk strip or "wings" for the headstock. Very comfortable to play as well.