Why become a member? ×

***SOLD**** Fender Japan 1962 Reissue Precision bass
£450

fretmeister

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PB62-58. 1993-94 build[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]Selling my [/color][color=#ff0000]Japanese[/color] [color=red]Fender[/color][color=#333333] PB62-58[/color][/font][/font]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I bought it in from Japan a couple of years ago as I always fancied a P bass, but wanted a neck that was a bit slimmer than a US Standard. It's not quite as slim as a Jazz neck, but it's not far off.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm pretty much only a 5 string player now so all but 1 of my 4 stringers are going[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Photo is from the Japanese dealer so I'll take some more with close ups and serial numbers etc when I get a mo[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MODIFICATION: The stock pickup was lacking, so it now has a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in it. I don't think I have the original one anymore, but if I find it you can have it.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]It's in very good condition - there is a coloured in ding on the bottom edge near the jack (photo to follow) and the tone control diamond pattern is a bit chewed up - almost like at some point someone used pliers on it! Wasn't me![/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has some brand new D'Addario Pro-steels on it at the moment.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's only got a soft bag so I'd prefer collection / meet up. The bass is in Northants near J16 on the M1.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I'm not really looking for trades on this, but if you have a Berg CN112 or maybe a slim necked 5 string of some description then by all means tell me more![/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For sale at [s]£450 ono[/s][/font][/color]

[size=5][color=#0000ff][b]PRICE DROP TO £400.00[/b][/color][/size]

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EDIT[/font][/color][/b][color=#ff0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] I've have a question about the scale - . It is Long scale, 34 inch. [/font][/color]

[color=#ff0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It weighs 9.4 lb on my kitchen scales.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MORE PHOTOS including the tone knob and the bottom rear edge ding[/font]

And serial number shot

Edited by fretmeister

[quote name='dodge_bass' timestamp='1419430894' post='2639890']
Any interest in this as a trade?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/240982-fs-ft-berg-ex112-reduced/"]http://basschat.co.u...-ex112-reduced/[/url]
[/quote]

If only that had been a CN112

That's what I'm raising money for - I already have 1 and I want a pair.

BUMP

and a string change as I was playing along to Duck Dunn stuff yesterday!

[b]Now has a set of new TI Flats on it[/b] - could probably do with a tiny action / height increase if you are worried about a bit of string buzz and / or are a bit heavy handed.

You can still have the D'Addario Pro Steels if you prefer, and I might even have a set of played in Chromes instead if that is more your thing.

TRADES UPDATE: - as said above I'm really looking to fund another Berg CN112 (no other cab will do!) but I might be tempted with a deal on an Aguilar TH500 head.