Why become a member? ×

JayDee Supernatural

Sonic_Groove

My JayDee is getting old (aren't we all!!!) & it is becoming a worry using it live & transporting/carrying it.

Has anyone who has ever owned a JayDee Supernatural got any ideas on a current available new bass that sounds & feels similar? (New JayDee are a 2 year wait)

I know most JD owners may have wanted it as a slap machine & will say Status, I have a couple of Status basses & they are great. However what I am looking for is that other JD quality the beautiful back pick-up & passive tones, the organic woody sounds, plus the feel of the thing.

I guess I am looking for 21 frets? Would an Xotic jazz do the job? A Spector? WHY.

Any Ideas??? !!!

Brendan

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1417790188' post='2624064']
MB1.
Looks like a job for...
Alembic?
[/quote]

Yeah but I was looking for something a little more errrmmmm Cheaper!! LOL

I actually tried an Alembic SC sig at the Bass Centre (in the mid 90's) & thought my JD (and the one they had in for comparison) was livelier & more organic (may have been a naff 'bic with dead string though)

I would love a 'bic but "loads o money!!!"

B

There is an Alembic persuader on sale on Facebook alembic group at the moment. I don't know what your budget is but it's listed as €1,700
If I'm not mistaken those basses are usually 32" scale length.
I bought an Alembic F1-x pre-amp off him last year and everything went smoothly.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5P2ZWttEg&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be[/url]
[color=#141823][font=Helvetica, Arial,][email protected][/font][/color]

Edited by jazzyvee

Thanks jazzyvee but that's too many variables for me!
I am coming to the conclusion White Cloud mentioned. For price & assurance of what I want I am best to wait out for the best/newest JayDee I can find & retire the old gal to home/studio duties (I have other great basses, but the J has something special I need at the moment

Brendan

• 1 month later...