Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Suggestions for a Bass Amp with Specific needs

J3ster

[left]Good day All[/left]

[left]I am in need of some suggestions for a Bass Amp that needs to meet some specific requirements[/left]

[left]Two inputs - This will be used for teaching (So two Basses) and also for plugging in electronic Drums and a Bass at the same time[/left]
[left]Compact and lightweight – I will need to be able to move it around from studio to car/house upstairs – Possibly gigs wattage depending[/left]
[left]Headphone socket for silent practice[/left]
[left]Effects would be nice but I am not too worried about bells and whistles[/left]
[left]Aux input – NOT A DEAL BREAKER[/left]
[left]It can be just a head or a combo[/left]
[left]Wattage is not massively important but over 100w up to about 500w[/left]
[left]Under £500 do not mind second hand at all[/left]

[left]All the above have to be included in the Amp expect possibly the Aux and effects. I am not particularly stuck on the price but am pretty certain I can get something for this.[/left]
[left] I have had a Genz Benz some time back but only one Input if I remember rightly and would like to try something else.[/left]

[left]Suggestions??[/left]

Edited by J3ster

[quote name='funky8884' timestamp='1415884747' post='2604804']
You could buy a small mixer that would satisfy the aux ins and 2 basses then plug into any amp.
[/quote]

+1
A small SH mixer will give you the inputs aux and headphone and maybe even some effects. Then connect that to a power amp and then to a cab of your choice

Correct Japan hence why I submitted the question- It is not as easy a dilemma as it sounds unless you just want a little practice amp with little tone and even less power. Normally I would not entertain a multi purpose piece of equipment, but I am moving around and already have the Drums and Bass in tow.

I actually spoke to a shop after putting the topic up and they suggested I try an Alto Truesonic TS115A Active PA Speaker - mainly due to the Drum/Bass usage combo, it unfortunately does not seem to have a headphone socket but I can get around this with my multi effects pedal. - I am going to give it a go and it should be here tomorrow.

We will see

Edited by J3ster

Guest monsterthompson

TecAmp Bonafide has the features, more wattage than you indicated (which isn't always awful), but may be a bit pricey:
[url="http://www.tecamp-america.com/en/products/amlification/6-bonafide.html#specifications"]http://www.tecamp-america.com/en/products/amlification/6-bonafide.html#specifications[/url]

My first thought was the first few replies... Get a small mixer.
As for headphones, make sure the mixer you get has a headphone out (or two).
As for portable combos that you can gig with, I've had bass & lekky drums doing exactly what you want. A mixer into a Markbass combo.
Did it at a beer festival & regularly at church.