Why become a member? ×

Retrovibe

byrne182

Got a black one somewhere... I need to get it out and play with it (oo-err Matron!). As I recall, it's pretty good.

(It's on my list of "I don't play this, I should sell it", so if you're after a second-hand one then let me know. Cheeky, or what...)

Here's a quick loop I made with mine. All the sounds are from that bass going through a looper pedal. It's only a phone recording, no direct input.

But yeah, they are very nice basses!

Retrovibe vantage 5 with tc looper: http://youtu.be/xY4uzYfaCO8

Edited by Mattmit

[quote name='byrne182' timestamp='1415192339' post='2597644']
Anyone have any experience with one of these?

[url="http://www.probass.co.uk/Vantage_V4WT.html"]http://www.probass.c...ntage_V4WT.html[/url]

For some reason im finding them quite interesting...
[/quote]

what a beauty!

I have a red Vantage, the previous series with maple fingerboard and black blocks, Fender style headstock and HS pickup configuration.

It's... a cheap bass. I'd rate it below Squier VM series. But they are a decent platform to play around with and improve, and a different look. Mine now only has a single MM humbucker at the bridge (I actually like the pickup a lot), and got rid off the single neck coil, as well as the pickguard and controls, now I have a Stingray-ish pickguard with a large metal control plate and a John East preamp. The neck is nice, but a bit raw, I rubbed gunstock oil on it and now it feels nice.

I've a white Evo and the red Zygote and if it's like them well you can expect a very lightweight bass.
Fit and finish was good and both mines had gloss necks,came with a good set up too.

Those pickups Dave uses are Loud,took me by surprise. Dave also has his return policy if you're not happy and an all
round top bloke,emailed me a while back with the heads up on a bass I was after.

Drop him a line.

I had the first version with the *ahem* controversial headstock that reflected the same influence as the body shape. It was a nicely put together instrument, and as others have said those Musicman style pick-ups are phenomenally loud - I had to double check that it really was a passive bass and that there wasn't a battery holder for an active circuit hidden somewhere!