Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1700

Matte_black

Hello... I have a few pics, of course... but no pics of the guts. It's a brand new head with tags, I'm not going to open it! :)

Additional informations:

The pre amplifier dates back to “TRACE ELLIOT” days when the boss of ASHDOWN was the boss of TE
The first stage has NO gain at all it merely changes the impedance from high to low.
The second stage BOOSTS the signal to work the PASSIVE tone controls.
The third stage recovers the weak signal from the passive tone controls and makes it large enough to be fed to the power amplifier.
The most famous bass preamplifier used by recording artists all over the world is a direct equivalent of the TE preamplifier and this is why it was chosen for this amplifier.

[quote name='Matte_black' timestamp='1414873291' post='2594307']
It's just awesome but... no way I can ever need such an amp in my life since I rarely gig and when I do, I bring the PA... so the bass goes into the PA thru the Pod XT. Sad but true.
[/quote] no way - If I had to put money on a forum-er who had a big stack of valve amps they used live you'd be in the shortlist! Mr Foxen would probably be the one I would actually put the money on but still!
[quote name='Matte_black' timestamp='1415468692' post='2600710']

The pre amplifier dates back to “TRACE ELLIOT” days when the boss of ASHDOWN was the boss of TE

[/quote] oooohh trace v type... yum

I think the tone stack on these are fairly similar to my CTM, which is based on a Fender style tonestack, so if you knock all the controls to zero, you get nothing.

These are great sounding amps; if I didn't have a CTM-300, this would be oh so very tempting.

Good luck with the sale :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...