Why become a member? ×

Vanderkley Aurora amp sleeve.

rk7

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1414403488' post='2588860']

[/quote]

Great build etc etc. However, the main event for me is this picture. Your basses look lush and that case is a superb addition to the amp. Obv your rack is very cool as well, I just wish all amps came with a functional hard case. Very classy indeed!

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1414527058' post='2590330']

Great build etc etc. However, the main event for me is this picture. Your basses look lush and that case is a superb addition to the amp. Obv your rack is very cool as well, I just wish all amps came with a functional hard case. Very classy indeed!
[/quote]

Thank you Owen.

The case is imo typical of Marc Vanderkleys approach to the whole Aurora project. (Even the colours of the case tie in). There has clearly been a LOT of thought expended during the design and spec stage, not just in the area of the bass performance of the amp, but in the functionality and useability of it too. I'm well impressed with it. I know it is a costly item, but for me it is worth every penny/pound/euro. Marc did describe the design philosophy to me in a recent conversation, and he has tried within his Aurora project to dial out all the shortfalls from all the other amps he has played over the years. I think he has achieved this.

And yes, the basses are lush, thanks. (there is a link to the build of the one on the right, in my sig).

thanks again

RK

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1414572883' post='2590718']
Absolutely fantastic build, The sleeve looks perfect, and definitely looks like it was made in Holland. They should get you on the payroll and make it a factory option!!! :)

Really great job, well done that man.
[/quote]

Thank you allighat0r!

I'm over the moon with the end result. Marc V has seen it, and is impressed, and Bassdirect added a photo of it on their FB page. I'm trying to balance the joys of (very) early retirement, and the need to keep head and hands busy. If anyone wanted something similar built I would look into it more from a 'helping out fellow Basschatters' standpoint rather than as an income generator.

I really do appreciate your (and other) compliments about the build.

RK

I tend not to suffer GAS much these days, but for a while now I have had a lingering desire to try out and potentially upgrade my Hartke rig to Vanderkley cabinets. Wasn't sure what amp to go for, but if there is now a matching head to go with the cabinets, this could be fatal.

Fantastic build - a lot of very nice features taken into consideration, and the whole thing looks like it was meant to be! Well done.

How do the amp and cabs sound?

Hey Simon,

I've had the 212MNT cabinet for nearly a year now. It is by far the best cab I've played through. Whether practicing at home, rehearsing with the band, or going flat out at a gig, it takes each in its stride. It retains clarity in each situation, especially when gigging. It is good, very good. When I took it from its shipping box I thought, blimey that's big, it must be heavy, but it isn't.

The Aurora has been in design for a long time. A very long time. But having waited for 18 months for its release (and having many opportunities in that time to buy something else), I am soooo glad I waited for it. Marc Vanderkley is a gifted engineer with a rather useful passion for bass (and a good guy too!). I put a review in the thread started by Bass Tractor in the Amps and Cabs section, describing all the features and the sound, as best I can (I'm no techie, ha ha).

In summary, I am delighted with my rig.

If you wish, you can visit Cumbria and try out the rig, no problem. I don't know if there are stockists near you.

And thanks for the kind comments!

RK

Edited by rk7