Why become a member? ×

Ultra Light Rig

Dubs

My new ultra light rig – Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 and Epifani UL310, and my currently ‘most in favour’ bass – 2000 SSI.

Just got the Genz Benz through this morning and so far I’m very happy with it :huh: I’ve managed to dial in loads of different tones including a very rich and warm valveish tone, and it’s unbelievably small and lightweight – so much power and tone for the size. The only negative thing I could possibly say about it is the build quality; I know it’s “Made In Taiwan” but it feels a bit cheap to me for the price tag…maybe it’s just me, what do you other Shuttle 6.0 owners think? I may be being a bit fussy given the sound it produces, but the cheap feel of it was my first impression, however, there is nothing cheap about the noise it makes :huh:

I acquired the UL310 last weekend and my first impressions were just total amazement at how light it was for a 750W 3x10. Again, it packs so much tone and power and sounds absolutely huge for its size. I can lift my whole rig + my pedalboard by myself in 1 go :)

I can’t wait to gig this setup and give it some proper stick, then I’ll be able to comment a bit more about if the trade off from an Ampeg all valve SVT rig to this super light Genz Benz and Epifani has been worth it…I’m sure it has though :huh:

[attachment=11524:DSC01360.JPG]
[attachment=11525:DSC01362.JPG]