Why become a member? ×

Best 1000w mixer amp used under £500

martthebass

Posting this on behalf of a singist friend who's looking to downsize his current heavyweight CS800/CS1200 gear. I recommended the A&H PA12CP; my current band acquired a used one of these mint for less than £400 and it's pretty damn good with the HK tops and HK active sub set up we use. Unfortunately I think we hit lucky and I haven't seen another one available for a while at this sort of price.
I don't know much about mixer amps beyond the A&H and Dynacord so don't know if the Mackies, Alto and the like are as robust or reliable etc. Any help appreciated.

Edited by martthebass

The Allen & Grief is a great product, I've used one a few times and was very impressed although that low mid control is kind of a blessing and a curse.. A & H generally make a great product.

I haven't used the Mackie or Alto versions but I have used the Spirit Powerstation models. If memory serves, they did a 350, 600 and 1200w version with each model having more inputs and facilities respectively. I've used both 600 and 1200 models and have to say they're a great product and what they do. Some of the early models are getting a little old now but even so as long as it's in good shape and has been serviced then you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.. B)