Why become a member? ×

yamaha nathan east 5 string

jassbass

The BBNE1/BBEAST info given by Yamaha states the mid tone control has a number of presets which can be adjusted by the user. I'm guessing these must correspond with micro dip switches or micro pots on the active EQ board. I think you'll just have to take the control plate off and have a look at what's there, make a few adjustments and see how that changes the mid control.

The presets are for the mid control which has 3 positions: position 1 is off, position 2 is a mid-cut and position 3 is either a mid-boost (how I use it) or a different mid-cut. I *think* the controls are based on the active circuits found on the very early TRB models, but I might be wrong about that.

When you do take the control plate off what you'll find are 4 little plastic wheels attached to the circuit board. They are in 2 pairs and control the mid-cut amount and mid-frequency for position 2, the other pair are for the mid-boost/cut and mid-frequency for position 3.

Someone in a guitar shop once told me that the idea behind it was that you can set 2 favourite tones (e.g. a scoop for slap and a boost for rockier stuff) and then flick easily between them. I must admit that I mainly play rock/metal stuff on mine so I tend to leave it on position 3 with the max mid-boost in an attempt to cut through against cranked Marshalls and Boogies.

• 1 year later...

i must say i am a bit confused by the eq settings.
the eq pot has three postitions. only 2 seem alterable.

the mid cut/boost control only affect EQ no2.
EQ1 is unaffected by the mid cut/boost dial.
i have no idea what the EQ1&2 center points are.
the BOOST which has TOTAL OUTPUT written by it affect the output of all three.

i've got to the point where the 2 adjustable EQs are much louder than the one that can't be adjusted because i have rolled in a little mid resulting in an uneven volume between 1/2 and 3. i would love some clear help on this. i have not been able to find any anywhere!

• 1 month later...