Why become a member? ×

I'm being replaced in one of my Police Tributes. But they haven't told me!!

police squad

he told me, in the break, that he loves the police. He was very irritating and very drunk.
Normally he wouldn't have bothered me, I've been gigging for over 25 years now but I believe he may have been on coke. He exhibited a lot of the behaviour of a coke head. If I battered him with my bass, even in self defence, I risk being arrested and possibly charged.

It was the last song when I stopped, I didn't manage to sing the last verse, so no ones was short changed apart from me. The last verse is my favourite bit of the set. I get the audience to shout out the same line that I have just sung. It's great fun.

Still, sh*t happens doesn't it.

The problem is the venue (it's a pub) isn't very well run anymore. No bosses behind the bar, just bar staff and they're run off their feet because it's so understaffed in there. I play in plenty of places where the landlord/manager is aware of the punters. Unfortunately not in here, not on a Friday. They don't even have a doorman on a Friday anymore

I know the pub in question, I am surprised they don't have a doorman on fridays...I was there last week and I am not sure
if I recal one,...??
It is a shame as that pub pay amongst the best around, so wouldn't want it to drop off the 'circuit'.... but the biggest problem seems
to be their rosta as they have some strange bands up there that don't keep the people in. It has a lot of passing trade
so you'd think it would be in their interest to keep the standard up. I was only talking to them the other week and
they seemed to imply that have quite a line-up next year.... with a lot of bands coming down from London, and if they
are anything like the deps we have...they wont travel cheap, so they need to get the people in...!!