Why become a member? ×

Boss Me 8 B = Stuart Zender on ROSCowboy?!!

Guest BassKS

I've used an ME-8B for several years. It's a great board. Unfortunately, it's getting a bit long in the tooth now and has moments of non-compliance :)

Mostly use for chorus, delay, octaver, and occasional distortion with synth.
The synth section is very good. It's possible to get a cracking "Birdland" intro synth sound.

After unsuccessfully trawling the net searching for a replacement ME-8B I bought an ME-50B, but it really is nowhere near as good.
If anyone knows where I can find a (good condition) ME-8B I'd be grateful, and willing to pay.

Steve

Guest BassKS

Yeah?

What are the synthsa nd RIng Mods Like?

I mean I do have a lot of effects but carrying a multieffects board is much easier and if I could find it cheap I would get it...

[quote]Aren't they made of plastic?[/quote]A [i]kind[/i] of plastic - more likely that tough polygubbins.

[quote]What are the synthsa nd RIng Mods Like?[/quote]As I said, the synth section is very good - much better than the later ME-50B

Don't know about the Ring Modulator, it's not an effect I use.

Steve

I picked up a ex-display one a month back, not fully had a chance to test it fully but it has some really great sounds, especially from a multi-fx unit. Dunno if i'll ever get round to actually taking the time to sit down and actually use the it though as i have other effects units for synth and delay (akai head rush and korg G5) that do every i need really.

So Steve i may have one up for grabs....

I've an ME-8B.
[Messerschmidt related aviation joke] I prefer the ME-109, or better still a Focke-Wulf 190... [/Messerschmidt related aviation joke]

I'm not an FX kind of guy, though.
I can never get the thing to behave with regard to variation in input level upsetting it (on dynamics sensitive effects)
The principal culprit being the synth bit.
The chorus sounds [i]okay[/i]
The Tap delay is excellent. So is the way you can regulate the flanger with the tap function.
The tuner's good (small but accurate)
The overdrive's based on the odb3 and the distortions on the turbo guitar models, so that'd probably divide opinion to say the least!
The Fuzz is right harsh, but in a good way...
The EQ is semi-parametric, and way better than the 7-band pedal.

Nice colour scheme.
Wasps, Hornets and Hover-flies keep trying to mate with it... :)

Edit - without the EXP pedal to tone it down, the ring mod is well OTT. Not that I'm a great fan...

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

Guest BassKS

I would certainly like to get one if anyone reckons its OTT or not getting much use.

Anyone please let me know...I burnt my GT 6B recently and there no way that Im getting my Mooger Foogers on stage..

Nice Joke about the Messerschmitts. Im a Mustang P51 fan but cant affor a P '51 either ( A mustang joke)

Ah, my engineering geekdom never lets me down :)